This homemade card is a great way to send someone a personal message or just to let them know they are on your mind. The beadlet and ribbon embellishments make this card extra special.
- Kreinik Iron-on 1/8" Ribbon 6500 Hydrangea, 6100 Carnation
- 4" x 6" sheet of red liner Treasure Tape™
- Diamond Beadlets
- Shallow tray or pan
- White cardstock, cut 8.5" x 5" and folded in half to form a card
- White envelope
- Butterfly rubber stamps ("Bold Butterfly" by Stampin' Up, or similar)
- "Thinking of You" rubber stamp
- Lilac or purple stamp pad
- Leaf green stamp pad
- Flat-backed purple and green beads or cabochons
- Clover Mini Iron or household iron
- Kreinik Teflon Press Cloth
- Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, stamp "Thinking of You" and your butterflies on the front of your white card using the purple and green stamps.
- Outline each butterfly, following your rubber-stamped lines, with the Iron-on ribbon, using 6300 Hydrangea on one butterfly, and 6100 on the other. To do this, lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon Press Cloth, and press with the hot iron for several seconds until the thread adheres. The Teflon keeps the adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron.
- Stamp the butterfly shapes on the white side of the Treasure Tape sheet. Cut out.
- Remove the tape from the white backing and lay onto the butterflies on your card.
- Remove the red liner to expose the top sticky area. Attach cabochons in desired places. Lay the card in your pan or tray and cover the sticky area with the Diamond Beadlets.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.