Sweater Wrap for Baby
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This adorable baby's sweater wrap is a kimono-style that is perfect for layering in the colder temperatures. For the beginning knitter.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Bernat® Baby Coordinates
- (160 g / 5.6 oz) (394 m / 431 yds)
- 1 (2-2-2) ball(s) of #09612 (Daisy Yellow).
- Knitting Needles: Size 3.75 mm (U.S. 5) or size needed to obtain gauge.
6 (12-18-24) mos.
To fit chest measurement
17 (18-19-21) ins [43 (45.5-48- 53.5) cm].
Finished chest: 21 (22-23-25) ins [53.5 (56-58.5-63.5) cm].
22 sts and 42 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in garter st.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
Right and Left Front (make alike)
Cast on 52 (55-58-63) sts. Work in garter st (knit every row) for 2 ins [5 cm].
Shape front: Dec 1 st at beg of row on next and every following alt row to 35 (38-47-50) sts, then every following 4th row from previous dec to 31 (33-36-39) sts, ending at armhole edge.
Shape armhole: Cast off 7 (8-9-10) sts beg next row. 24 (25-27- 29) sts.
Dec 1 st at front edge on every following 4th row from previous dec to 12 (12-14-15) sts. Cont even until armhole measures 4¾ (5-5-5½) ins [12 (12.5-12.5-14) cm]. Cast off.
Back: Cast on 58 (61-64-69) sts. Work in garter st until total length measures same as Front before armhole shaping.
Shape armholes: Cast off 7 (8-9-10) sts beg next 2 rows. 44 (45- 46-49) sts.
Cont even until Back measures same length as Fronts before shoulder.
Place markers 2¼ (2¼-2½-2¾) ins [5.5 (5.5-6-7) cm] in from sides for shoulders.
Sleeves: Cast on 33 (35-39-39) sts.
Work in garter st, inc 1 st each end of needle on 5th and every following 8th row to 51 (55-55-61) sts.
Cont even until Sleeve from beg measures 8 (9-9½-10) ins [20.5 (23- 24-25.5) cm], ending with a RS row. Cast off.
Place markers along sides 1¼ (1½-1½-1¾) ins [3 (4-4-4.5) cm] down from cast off edge.
Pin garment pieces to measurements. Cover with a damp cloth, leaving cloth to dry.
Sew shoulder seams. Sew in sleeves, placing rows above markers along cast off sts of Fronts and Back to form square armholes.
Ties: (make 4). Cast on 25 sts. Cast off.
Sew 2 ties at beg of front shaping on each front and 2 ties at side seams 2 ins [5 cm] up from cast on edge of body to match to front ties.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Stunning Silver Holiday Decor
- Gold Dipped Frosted Reindeer Trio
- Christmas Gnome Wall Decor
- Thrifty Vintage Red Sled
- Fun Glittery Snowman Wreath
- Fabulous Faux Flower Wreath
- Anthropologie Inspired Mirror
- Little Elf Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Little Nativity Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Wine Lover's Gift In a Jar