Come on, pom poms are just fun! Make this cute yarn jewelry out of a few pom poms!
- Clover 2” Pom Pom Maker
- Coordinating flosses
- Westrim beading elastic
- The Beadery Fun Beads (pony beads)
- Hirschberg Schutz Appliqués
- Fabric or jewelry glue
- Big eye plastic needle
- Make as many pom poms as you need. The necklace takes 3 and bracelets need 1. You can make the pom pom with the kids or have pom poms ready to embellish. Follow the directions on the package. Fluff and trim each pom pom.
- Adhere an appliqué to pom pom. This will become the pom pom front. If you are making the necklace note that 2 of the 3 pom poms needed are left plain. Now you are ready to string your jewelry.
- For the necklace: thread needle (this is a blunt tip needle), with floss and string on 11 pony beads, plain pom pom, 5 pony beads, embellished pom pom, 5 pony beads, plain pom pom. Color choice is yours for the pony beads. Knot off floss creating a necklace.
- For the bracelets: thread needle with elastic, string on 20-22 pony beads and then embellished pom pom. Pull elastic firmly and knot off. Trim. Pony beads measure 4-5 per inch so adjust the number of beads needed for your child’s wrist. The elastic will give allowing it to easily slide on and off the wrist.
Learn more about Maria and see her other projects here.