Give your Mother's Day gift with this card attached to it. It's easy to make and she'll treasure it forever.
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- BI15784 Glacier White
- BI15792 Periwinkle
- BI15793 Grape
- BI15800 Chocolate
- BI15801 Ebony
- Margarine container
- Decorative edged scissors, scallop
- Craft knife
- Measuring cup
- Permanent marker, fine tip
- Transfer paper, white
- Cardstock or scrapbook papers: 1 lavender, 1 soft pink and 1 pansy print of choice
- Plastic bags, sandwich size
- Paintbrush, #4 liner
- String from teabag
- Mounting squares or circles
- Paper cutter
For pattern, click here.
- Cut lavender cardstock or scrapbook paper in half. Fold one piece in half. With fold on left hand side, measure 2-¼” up on sides of card and 1-½” at bottom center. Lightly draw an arc from sides to center, using pencil. Cut with scallop edged scissors.
- Cut pansy print in half. Fold one piece in half. Fit lavender piece over pansy. Glue around edges to make card. (Card will open from bottom.)
- Trace saucer and cup pattern onto pink sheet. Cut out. Trace and cut trims for cup and saucer from pansy print. Glue as pictured.
- Measure 1-¼” down from top center of card. Lightly draw line with pencil.
- Place transfer paper between card and pattern. Trace over “MOM”.
- Pour a small puddle of Glacier White on foil. Paint in “MOM”. Apply second coat as needed. If desired, line around parts of letters with Grape.
- Lightly draw in tea line in cup. Paint over line with Chocolate. Dilute Chocolate to wash consistency. Apply inside cup to simulate tea.
- For pansy: Mix equal 2 parts cornstarch and 1 part glue. Mix in a margarine container using a craft stick or place in a plastic bag and mix with hands. Mix until ingredients come together. Knead in hands or in plastic bag until smooth and pliable.
- Pinch off a walnut size piece of dough. Form into a ball and make a small indentation. Add a small amount of Periwinkle in indentation. Mix and knead in hands (or plastic bag) until a soft lavender shade.
- Break off five small pea size pieces. Roll each into a small ball. Flatten between thumb and finger. Pinch a small point on one end of each piece.
- Lay petals together to form pansy, overlapping in center. Gently push in center with wooden end of paintbrush.
- For teabag label, make a small flat piece of dough approximately dime sized. Cut into a square. Trim corners. Punch a small hole at top with needle. Let pansy and teabag label dry. Write TEA on label with permanent pen.
- Pour small amount of Grape, Glacier White and Ebony on foil. Brush fine black lines coming out from center of pansy. Apply two small white dots on both sides of center. Drybrush Grape along edges of petals.
- Insert string in teabag label and tie.
- Cut small slit in teacup (refer to picture). Slip string in slit. Glue down on back.
- Glue saucer on card. Attach teacup with mounting squares or rounds to dimensionalize. If desired, brush a line under saucer with diluted Grape to further dimensionalize. Glue pansy to saucer.
Find this homemade card project and more Mother's Day crafts in the Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day eBook.