Won't this look hip on a gift package? It's a great way to use up your scraps of paper and cardstock.
- Textured cardstock
- 4" x 6" sheet Treasure Tape
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik Threads: assorted colors as desired
- Cut two 3 inch squares from your cardstock. Punch a "stamp" shape out of the center of one square. Set the punched out shape aside. Match your two squares together, texture sides out, and lightly trace the opening of the punched square onto the other square.
- Peel back the white liner on your Treasure Tape. Place your unpunched square of cardstock, (with the drawn square side down) on the tape. Cut out the square. Discard white backer.
- Peel back the red liner from your taped square. Cut it into four strips and lay these strips on the tape so that only the tape inside your traced square is showing.
- Begin laying down threads, one at a time, in strips across the tape. Trim each new piece so that it overlaps the covered areas a little. Continue until the entire square is covered in stripes. Press the threads into your tape firmly.
- Remove your liner strips from the tape. Center the punched square of cardstock over the embellished one and press down firmly. (If you are off center, you can trim your edges down a little.)
- Punch a hole in your tag with a holepunch and make a hanger with a length of thread. Attach to a gift or even use it as an ornament- the choice is yours!
Tip: You can use any shaped punch for this project- from a simple square or circle to a flower or Christmas tree. Just trace the shape as in step one, and follow that shape when you lay your threads.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.