Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from FaveCrafts.com posted directly to your News Feed.
Thanks for signing up!
Independence Feast Apron
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This 4th of July craft project creates a colorful apron celebrating a "Feast for the Fourth." Wear during Independence Day cookouts and other celebrations for a bit of festivity.
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Spray Sealers
Fabric Painting Medium
2. Drill two holes in center of stars to create buttons.
NOTE: When using paints that are not So-Soft, mix Fabric Painting Medium with paint, following instructions on bottle.
1. Transfer the design onto the apron using white transfer paper.
2. Basecoat all design areas with White and 8F brush. (Refer to illustrations.)
DRESS AND SHOES
2. Basecoat white stripes with 2 round brush loaded with Buttermilk.
3. Use 4F brush to basecoat blue stripe on bottom of dress with Williamsburg Blue.
4. Use 1/4" stencil to stencil stars on blue stripe with Buttermilk.
5. With 3/8" angle brush, shade dress, shoes and red stripes with Black, highlight upper edges of sleeves with Buttermilk, and shade white stripes with Black and blue stripe with Bright Blue.
2. Use 1/8" star stencil to stencil stars on pinafore.
3. Shade around edges and waistline with Black using 3/8" angle brush.
4. Shade around edge of stars with Bright Blue using 1/4" angle brush.
FACE, HANDS, FEET AND HAIR
2. Use 1/4" angle brush to shade face, hands and feet with Dark Chocolate.
3. Using 1 liner brush, add highlights to hair with Antique Gold, Black and White.
4. With 4F brush, shade hair and dip dot eyes with Black.
5. Powder blush cheeks with Q-Tip.
2. Transfer lettering and paint with Bright Blue.
3. Shade around edge of banner with 3/8" angle brush loaded with Williamsburg Blue.
2. Use 1 liner to line all stars and paint garland wire with Brilliant Silver.
2. Sew all star buttons into place with silver thread.
3. Cut six strands of thread 8" long for each of the stars; bundle strands together and tie them around under each button. Trim to desired length.
4. Spray all painted areas with matte spray.
For the latest book by RazzleBerries (Janine Oppelt and Debby Stenberg), contact them at 21194 Turner Ave., Hilmar, CA 95824; (209) 634-5434
Related Products to Buy from CutRateCrafts.com - save 15-30%
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Top 4th of July Projects