No ordinary shoebox this; the bright, contemporary colors make this painted box stylish and extraordinary.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA234 - Calypso Blue
- DA265 - Tuscan Red
- DA273 - Saffron Yellow --- NEW!!
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- Foam plate
- 1" flat brush
- 1/4", 3/8", and 1 1/4" round foam pouncer brushes
- 9" x 9" round papier mache box, Hobby Lobby 197863 S/7
1. Basecoat top of box lid Saffron Yellow; let dry.
2. Paint side of box lid Tuscan Red; let dry.
3. Basecoat box Calypso Blue; let dry.
4. Refer to photo for placement and trace shoe patterns to side of box; paint in desired colors and prints. (Note: We used end of paintbrush dipped into Lamp Black to paint dots on Tuscan Red shoe; end of paintbrush was dipped into Tuscan Red for details on Saffron Yellow pump.)
5. Use 1 1/4" pouncer dipped in Calypso Blue to dot top of box lid; let dry.
6. Use 1/4" pouncer and Lamp Black to dot centers of Calypso Blue dots; let dry.
7. Use 3/8" pouncer and Tuscan Red to dot around larger dots on lid.
8. Use 1/4" pouncer and Saffron Yellow to dot sides of box lid.
9. Refer to photo for placement. Use 1 1/4" pouncer dipped in Tuscan Red to dot around shoes on box. Let dry.
10. Use 1 1/4" pouncer dipped in Saffron Yellow to dot remaining spaces around shoes; let dry.
11. Use 1/4" pouncer and Lamp Black to dot centers of large Tuscan Red and Saffron Yellow dots; let dry.
12. Spray box and lid with Americana Gloss Spray and let dry.