By Lori Bergmann from Krylon
Vintage accessories are a hot trend in decorating, but sometimes can be difficult to find or afford. Here’s an easy and inexpensive way to create the same look with a marvelous mirror that will match any custom décor!
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Peekaboo Blue (#51517)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Global Blue (#53546)
- Krylon Looking Glass®- Mirror Like Paint - Mirror Finish (#9033)
- Krylon Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive - Clear (#7020)
- “Lace Frame” Stencil by American Traditional Stencils
- Plain Picture Frame
- Soft Lint-Free Cloth or Paper Towels
- Rubbing Alcohol or Glass Cleaner
- Petroleum Jelly
- Medium Grit Sandpaper
The more layers of Looking Glass paint you apply, the more a neat pitting effect will happen over the blue stencil design. If a crisper look is desired, apply the Looking Glass paint on the opposite side of the stenciled glass.
- Lightly sand frame and clean off any dust with a soft cloth.
- Spray frame with True Blue paint; let dry.
- Apply petroleum jelly to painted frame in random areas to create a “resist” layer.
- Spray on Peekaboo Blue paint, and let dry.
- Use cloth or paper towels to rub over painted frame until all the petroleum jelly resist is removed.
- Remove glass from frame and clean with alcohol or glass cleaner.
- Apply Repositionable Adhesive to back of stencil and press firmly to glass. Spray over stencil with Global Blue paint, then carefully remove stencil and let dry.
- Following directions on can, spray Looking Glass paint directly over painted stencil design until desired mirror effect is reached.
- After painted glass is completely dried, insert into frame with the painted side facing inside.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.