In only seven easy steps create love letters. With these letters you can hang wires from them or even your earrings. It's cute and it's easy.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Alphabet Soup Letters (FloraCraft®), 6" x 1": L, V, E
- Balls, 2-1/2", two
- Heart, open, 6" x 1"
- Decorative napkins (for decoupage), several each: pastel stripe; pink; red
- Matte-finish decoupage medium
- 16-gauge craft wire
- Beads: red, white, pink heart-shaped pony; red, clear round
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Separate top ply of each napkin from remaining sheets; discard unprinted sheets or reserve for a future project.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foam balls in half to create stands.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply decoupage medium to rounded surface of each stand. Using photo as a guide, cover each stand with pink napkin section; use paintbrush and additional medium to smooth napkin over foam surface.
- Apply second coat of medium over napkin-covered stand. Cut strip from striped napkin and place around base of stand as shown. Apply third coat of decoupage medium over entire stand; let dry completely.
- In same way as stands, apply decoupage medium and napkins to foam letters and heart. Use photo as a guide. Let dry completely.
- Glue heart and letter bases to top of stands; hold letter steady until glue sets.
- Cut four 12" lengths from wire. Using photo as a guide, thread beads onto wire lengths as desired. Twist or hang wires from letters and heart as shown.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.