Guests will love this adorable Christmas decoration. Santa falls headlong into a pot of poinsettias. Little does he know that he's sitting on a Renuzit Adjustable Air Freshener!
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 1- Ball, 2.5"
- 1- Ball, 4"
- 1- Renuzit Adjustable Air Freshener
- 1- 4" Clay Pot, 3.5" High
- Acrylic Paint: Red, Beige
- 1- 6" x 9" Piece Red
- 1- 1" x 2.5" Piece White
- 1- 1.5" x 2" Piece Green
- 1- 1" x 1.5" Piece Beige
- Plush Felt:
- 1- 2" x 7.5" Piece White
- 1- Pair 2" Black Boots
- White Curly Doll Hair
- 1- 15mm Wiggle Eyes, pair
- 1- 2.625" Octagon Doll Glasses
- 1- Silk Poinsettia Bush
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Metal spoon
- Paint brush
- Tracing paper
- Craft glue
- Craft stick
For pattern, click here.
- HEAD & BODY: Place Renuzit Air Freshener in clay pot. Using metal spoon, carve out inside of large ball of STYROFOAM to fit over Renuzit. Paint large ball Red, small ball Beige. Let dry. Insert toothpick into head ball. Position head onto body to resemble Santa that has just fallen into pot. Tack glue around toothpick to attach to body. Cut 1/2" x 5 1/2" strip plush felt. Glue strip to body beginning at bottom edge of ball and continuing up the center front under chin.
- SLEEVES: Roll and glue 1 1/2" x 3" piece red felt into cylinder with 1 1/2" sides slightly overlapping. Cut and glue 1/2" x 3" strip of plush felt to end of sleeve aligning raw edges. Repeat for other sleeve. Glue sleeves to body 1" on either side of white strip.
- MITTENS: Trace and cut two mittens from green felt according to pattern. Glue mittens inside top edge of sleeves, thumbs up.
- BOOTS: Determine position boots would be on the fallen Santa. Press boots into foam to make an indentation, remove, apply glue, and nestle back into foam.
- FEATURES: Glue red pom to center of face for nose. Position and glue wiggle eyes to face. Using craft stick, apply white craft glue across bottom front of face. Gently fluff curly hair and place into glue, slightly overlapping curls. Spot glue and add more curly hair as needed. Glue small amount of curly hair above eyes for eyebrows. Cut mouth from red felt; mustache from white felt; and ears from beige felt according to patterns. Glue mouth to face 1/4" below nose. Glue mustache to bottom of nose. Position glasses on head. NOTE: Stems may need to be cut shorter. Glue ears to sides of head. Tack glue glasses behind ears.
- HAT: Cut 4 1/2" square from red felt and round off one corner. Roll felt into cone and glue slightly overlapping edges. Cut 1/2" x 7 1/2" strip from plush felt. Glue to bottom edge of hat, aligning raw edges. Glue white pom to top of hat. Fold hat point slightly to one side. Tack glue in the fold, pinch fold from inside of hat until secure. Place hat on surface behind pot to show that Santa had a great fall!
- FLOWERPOT: Trim individual poinsettias from bush. Glue stems inside of pot with one in back of pot peaking over Santa's shoulder. Bend stems at the front of pot to resemble squashed flowers. Glue additional poinsettia leaves around top edge of pot. From remaining red felt, trace bottom of pot onto felt, cut out, trim as needed, and glue to bottom of pot.
- GEL REPLACEMENT: When the original gel is depleted, simply replace with a new air freshener. For future projects: if your project base is decorated, remove dried gel. From a new container, remove new, non-toxic gel, then slip it over the post of the decorated base and reposition the decorated topper.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Bearded Santa Ornament