Make a lemon-scented candle which looks just like a real lemon. Use as decorative accents, fun dinner party pieces or give as gifts. These lemon candles make for great conversation pieces.
- CSP-1 Wax- All Natural Pillar Blend
- M-272 Polyurethane Lemon Mold
- M-321 Wick Holder Bar
- EO-5 Lemon Essential Oil
- Spooled Wick (hemp wick is optional)
- EVO-13 Yellow dye
- Iron Candle Holder (optional)
- Melt the natural CSP-1 wax on a double boiler to about 165 degrees. Add EVO-13 yellow dye after the wax is up to temperature and stir well.
- Prepare the M-272 mold by inserting the wick through the bottom of the mold using a thin wire or very dull, oversized sewing needle. Be sure to leave an extra length of wick, so it pulls through when the candle is removed and is ready for the next time you make a lemon. Use the M-321 wick bar to hold the wick centered over the top of the mold. Place a few rubber bands around the mold to hold the mold tightly together.
- Add roughly 1 to 3 percent of essential oil to the wax just before pouring, and pour at 150 to 170 degrees. Some candle makers prefer different pour temperatures. Higher temperatures may give easier release but may cause more shrinkage. The perfect balance is your preference.
- Top off if necessary. You may need to experiment a little to determine the optimal timing and temperature for the second pour depending on the ambient temperature of the room and initial pouring temperature of the first pour.
- Place the candle on an appropriate candle holder, light the candle and ENJOY!