Knits for Nerds
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knits for Nerds
By Toni Carr
Gifted by Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC
Reviewed By Melissa Conner
When it comes to sci-fi TV, films, and books, there is a definite and loyal fan base. Movies like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars have attracted such passionate fans that there are entire conventions devoted to reenacting, reliving, and reimagining favorite scenes and characters. For those super fans who affectionately label themselves as a Trekkies, Jedi’s, dragon slayers, wizards, or vampires—and who happen to love knitting—there’s Knits for Nerds, the ultimate collection of knitted geeky crafts!
In Knits for Nerds, author Toni Carr uses popular TV shows, books, sci-fi films, comics and more to create “adorkable” patterns any nerd would love! With 30 projects ranging from robot amigurumi to a full Princess Leia costume, complete with her trademark hairstyle, Knits for Nerds is the perfect book to help you show off your inner geek!
As a crafty nerd myself, I was so excited to see the “Secret Beaded Bag” pattern in Knits for Nerds. My fellow Harry Potter fans will know it as Hermione’s catch all bag…the wonder purse that could easily tote everything from books to tents. While this crafty bag won’t hold a month’s worth of clothes for three growing teens, it will easily hold your cell phone, car keys, and a magic wand, just in case!
Lovers of vampire lit, Lord of the Rings, the Star Wars series, Star Trek fans, and even tech geeks will simply love Knits for Nerds. This book is proof that, in the world of magic, time travel, epic quests, and intergalactic warfare, one simple lesson holds true: Geek is chic.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- It's A Boy Light-Up Card
- Monogrammed China Plate
- DIY Felt Flowers
- Free Happy Thoughts Printable Coloring Page + Video
- Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern
- Ahoy America DIY Wreath
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint Collection
- Fabric Creations Paints and Block Printing Stamps
- Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable Needle System
- How to Sew Knits Without a Serger