Knits for Nerds
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knits for Nerds
By Toni Carr
Gifted by Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC
Reviewed By Melissa Conner
When it comes to sci-fi TV, films, and books, there is a definite and loyal fan base. Movies like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars have attracted such passionate fans that there are entire conventions devoted to reenacting, reliving, and reimagining favorite scenes and characters. For those super fans who affectionately label themselves as a Trekkies, Jedi’s, dragon slayers, wizards, or vampires—and who happen to love knitting—there’s Knits for Nerds, the ultimate collection of knitted geeky crafts!
In Knits for Nerds, author Toni Carr uses popular TV shows, books, sci-fi films, comics and more to create “adorkable” patterns any nerd would love! With 30 projects ranging from robot amigurumi to a full Princess Leia costume, complete with her trademark hairstyle, Knits for Nerds is the perfect book to help you show off your inner geek!
As a crafty nerd myself, I was so excited to see the “Secret Beaded Bag” pattern in Knits for Nerds. My fellow Harry Potter fans will know it as Hermione’s catch all bag…the wonder purse that could easily tote everything from books to tents. While this crafty bag won’t hold a month’s worth of clothes for three growing teens, it will easily hold your cell phone, car keys, and a magic wand, just in case!
Lovers of vampire lit, Lord of the Rings, the Star Wars series, Star Trek fans, and even tech geeks will simply love Knits for Nerds. This book is proof that, in the world of magic, time travel, epic quests, and intergalactic warfare, one simple lesson holds true: Geek is chic.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Artful Handmade Wrap Bracelets
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- Duct Tape Your Heart Out!
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Craft Fail: When Homemade Goes Horribly Wrong
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Crafting with Fleece
- Anna Maria's Needleworks Notebook
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Arch Columns Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Baby's First Valentine's Day Shirt
- Dyed Leopard Print Easter Egg Craft
- Polymer Clay Shamrock Pin St. Patrick's Day Craft
- Sparkly St. Patrick's Day Treat Bags
- Stenciled Ornament Kit from Stencil1
- Beaders Delight Box from Cousin
- Plaid Prize Pack
- Styrofoam Kits and Gift Cards from DOW Chemical
- Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit