Christmas is quickly approaching and you might be looking for some unique ornaments to make or keep for yourself. With free crafts, you can create a set of coordinating ornaments for your own tree or create the perfect holiday gift for friends and family. In my family, we have a tradition of making and exchanging holiday ornaments each Christmas. Over the years, our Christmas trees acculumate new handmade ornaments from our loved ones. Here are some ideas for unique ornaments to make or keep for yourself:
- Glass- Pick up plain glass ornaments and embellish with acrylic paints. For one idea, cover the ornament with gold paint and then add green holly leaves with little red berries. For clear glass ornaments, you can even swirl paint inside the ornament for a fun, marbled look.
- Fabric- Use holiday fabrics to create fabric yo-yo’s. Add a ribbon or a loop of ric-rac and you have a cute ornament for Christmas.
- Felt- Felt is a great material for making ornaments. You can cut out, stuff and sew shapes such as santas, bells and even partridges. Or create flat felt shapes such as wreaths.
For more ideas, see 24 Ornaments to Make or Keep for Yourself
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019