We had a wonderful time at last night’s twitter party with Plaid Crafts and Rachel Faucett from Handmade Charlotte! You can find some great stenciling projects on our Pinterest board with Rachel this month.
Everyone had a ton of tips and stencil ideas, and we loved hearing about Rachel’s affordable new stencil designs (now available at Michaels). We even gave away brand new stencils to a few lucky tweeters. But don’t worry if you weren’t able to join us last night, here’s a recap of all the fun tips and ideas we loved (and another giveaway below):
Stenciling Tips and Tricks
Q1 – What tools do you need to get started stenciling?
@followcharlotte: Acrylic paint dries really fast!
@DisneyMom917 : like Plaid craft all purpose paint – so many colors to choose from.
@followcharlotte FolkArt Multi-Surface paint is insane amazing! It’s dishwasher, oven,& wash machine safe! Love!
@S_thirtymommy : Our a stenciled headboard on my bedroom wall!
@Yiononta :I did some wine glasses and flower glass vases for my cousins wedding
@partyof6888jail : decorations on the walls in childrens rooms and on tote bags and tshirts
@DisneyMom917 : I decorate vintage suitcases with stencils
@pottsacademy: I just used stencils to put a chalkboard grocery list near the fridge!
@HelloAnnaH : LOVE those clear plastic drawers. Label the drawers and it all stays neat
@pottsacademy : I’m putting my stencils in clear page protectors and inside a binder.
@partyof6888jail : we love storing our stencils in organization bins all in order of what they are used for.
@Jaderbomb : always clean to make sure each application comes out PERFECT!
@EastSeattleMama : yes, baby wipes!
@HelloAnnaH : I usually do clean my stencils so colors don’t transfer later. I like my tools clean!
It’s not too late! We’re offering one more chance to win some new Handmade Charlotte Stencils from Plaid Crafts. Simply answer this question for a chance to win:
If you had a brand new set of stencils, what’s the first project you would try?
Official Rules for Daily Contest:
- There is a maximum of one entry per person. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied.
- Winner will be selected at random from the comments on this blog post only.
- You have until September 9th, 2013 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019