This Wednesday, April 22nd is Earth Day, a great day to think green. There is no easier way to show your concern for the environment than recycling. Over at FaveCrafts, we have a number of great ideas for recycled crafts, with everything from beginner crafts to kid-friendly projects. Here are five of our favorite recycled craft projects, just in time for Earth Day.
1. Faux Dichroic Glass Recycled Bottle – With the help of polymer clay, recycle an old wine bottle, perfume bottle or other glass bottle into a decorative container. The techniques makes the bottle look like colorful dichroic glass with no glasswork experience necessary. Use the container as a vase or a liquid container for oil, vinegar, or other.
2. Turn Old Jeans Into Potholders – The jean pockets, already ready for slipping in your hands, make this sewing project a breeze.
3. Top 10 Recycled Magazine Crafts – Instead of tossing out that pile of old magazines you have lying around, why not turn them into some great reusable household items? Not only is making crafts from recycled material fun and easy, it’s kind to the environment. Try one of our top 10 ways to craft something new out of old magazines.
4. Vinyl Record Bowl – This simple craft turns a vinyl record into a bowl for dried items. This makes a great gift for a music enthusiast.
5. Recycled Leather Belt Bracelets – Recycle thrift store or old belts into fun and funky bracelets. You can make 3, 4 or even 5 bracelets from a single belt and give them all different personalities with earth friendly paints, chains and beads. Why not make a batch of these for gifts or to coordinate with every outfit you own?