It’s a Crafty Fiesta all week long here on the FaveCrafts blog, and we’re joined by I Love to Create to get you geared up for Cinco de Mayo with some fun and festive craft projects! Be sure to keep tuning in every day through May 6th for all our amazing Cinco de Mayo craft ideas, DIY inspiration, and a giveaway each day. Check out today’s colorful terra cotta clay flower pot tutorial, and then be sure to scroll down to enter our giveaway below!
Crafty Chica Loteria Flower Pot
Whether you’re throwing a fiesta or just brightening up a room, there’s no better way to decorate than with some beautiful flowers. And this Crafty Chica Loteria Flower Pot from I Love to Create is just as bright and cheerful as the flowers it’s holding! Add a festive floral touch to any room or occasion with this simple terra cotta pot craft idea. All you need is some paint and fun Lotería game cards to turn a plain old terra cotta pot into some eye-catching decor!
- Crafty Chica® Little Chica Paint Packs™
- Crafty Chica® Loteria Game™
- Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters™ (Glamour Queen Green)
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue™
- Crafty Chica® Glossy Gloss Varnish™
- Terra cotta pot and saucer
- Paint base of pot black; paint rim red. Paint inside of saucer green and the outside yellow. Let dry. If desired, add vertical purple painted stripes on base of pot.
- Cut out four of your favorite pictures from the large deck of the Crafty Chica™ Loteria Game™ and use Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue to affix them around the body of the pot.
- Add painted accents between the images and along the rim of the pot and saucer. Let dry.
- Seal pot with a weatherproof high gloss varnish.
- Use glue to add glittered accents on the images and on the painted accents.
It wouldn’t be a celebration without a chance to win something! We’re giving away a Crafty Chica Empowerment Shrine Kit from iLovetoCreate! Wouldn’t this be perfect for chasing away the blues on dreary days? Well you can win one of your very own! All you have to do is answer the question below in the comments section to be entered for your chance to win! How easy it that? Enter now and get back to celebrating!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes May 2, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email