In part 2 of the Bow Bag Sew-Along, we will start sewing! See Part 1 of the Bow Bag Sew-Along here.
Bow Bag Continued
- Open out the front piece and press the seam. Topstitch the front seam open.
- Cut a piece for the pocket approximately 6×6 inches.
- Fold and press the edges. Press the top edge deep enough to encase the elastic and sew this edge.
- Thread elastic through casing using a safety pin, gather and secure at both ends.
- Sew the pocket to one of the lining pieces, approx 3″ from the top.
- Sew the two lining pieces together, leaving a 3″ opening in the base.
- Place the lining inside the outer, right sides together. Pin and sew.
- This bit’s a bit tricky, but hold on in there 🙂 Invert the bag by pulling all the fabric through the hole in the lining then sew up the hole. This always looks like it isn’t going to work, and then it magically becomes a bag, you’ll see 😉
Stop by next Wednesday for part 3 of the Bow Bag Sew-Along.