Sometimes you come across a craft idea that literally makes you exclaim, “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!” and this was one those times. As soon as I saw that crafters were creatively upcycling old, vintage, or even damaged globes – I was hooked. The DIY Globe may not be a brand new craft idea, but there are certainly fantastic ways to create your own. I look up a bunch of ideas and just had to hare my favorites!
The best part about the tutorials below is that they are all free. I kept getting frustrated when I’d find a DIY globe that was just a photo and not a tutorial. So I saved you the hassle and found only globes with free tutorials. I love the wide variety of styles that I found and how each globe seems to have its own personality. It’s as if each globe is a blank canvas and you get to make it your own. I won’t get too philosophical on you, but it’s very much like life. The world is what you make of it, right?
Upcycling these globes really puts a nice spin on “Earth” Day (April 22!). I love that we are putting our creativity to good use and keeping old globes out of dumpsters and landfills. Plus, you get to showcase your love for the earth and traveling by putting one of these on display in your living room. DIY home decor is all about finding those few unique objects that will really make your space complete. I fully believe that one of these DIY globes will complete your room and make it really special.
- 30 Minute Project: Paint on a Globe! from Chris Loves Julia
- DIY Black & Gold Globe from Love & Renovations
- Spring Globe Upcycle from My Sister’s Suitcase
- Sheet Music Globe from Cutesy Crafts
- Thrifty Thursdays: Globe from Hydrangea Hippo
- Painted Globe from Jenna Sue Design
- DIY Painted Globe from Upcycled Treasures
- Death Star Globe from In My Wheele House
- Coastal Inspired Globe from The V Spot
Which DIY Globe is your favorite?
Looking for more DIY home decor ideas?