I find creating holiday oriented accessories and jewelry a challenge, as I like making versatile pieces that can be worn by everybody anytime not just to celebrate a particular holiday or occasion. But dressing up for holidays, is fun and that demands something unique. To make the best of both worlds, I have come up with a simple, classy and sophisticated handmade wire Ring for the fourth of July celebrations that can be worn with everything from suits to summer dresses and still instill a little bit of patriotism in you.
Using basic jewelry tools and a few simple supplies like beads and wire, you can make a wire ring that will make you the cynosure of your Fourth of July party. This project can be done in a matter of minutes, hence these rings can be made in large numbers to be given away as party favors. I have used materials like dyed jades and faux pearl, but if you wear only “real jewelry” then you can create this design using coral and Lapis Lazuli beads with real pearls using sterling silver wire.
- 20g artistic silver wire- 18″
- Faceted dyed blue Jade rondrell – 1
- Faceted dyed red Jade rondrell – 1
- 10mm white faux pearl -1
- Tools – Ring Mandrel, nose pliers and wire cutter
5. Crisscross the wires and wrap again, this time only around the pearl
6.Pick one wire end and make a loop at the end and bend it to make a spiral. Bring it close to the pearl and press to contain the pearl. If your wire is too long for a proportional spiral, cut it short before you spiral it.
7. Repeat step 5 with the other end. Both your spirals might look different from each other, there is no need to worry as it adds to the charm of the ring. Press the wires gently with your fingers to form them into shape making your ring look less messy.
Celebrate 4th of July in style with this easy to make patriotic ring.