Pop. Soda. Coke. There are so many words for one fizzy, sugary and, let’s face it, delicious beverage. We’ve all succumbed to the temptations presented by a cold aluminum can filled with of our favorite soft drink on a hot day. Even if you’re not a fan of of soda, you’ve certainly had one at some point and noticed that they a few drinks can generate a ton of waste. In fact, after a large party or group gathering, you might feel like you’re drowning in a see of discarded soda cans! Luckily, you can easily recycle these aluminum cans and use them for everything from jewelry crafts to floral designs.
If you’re not sure where to start or just need a little crafty inspiration, you can’t go wrong with this list of 18 Crafty Uses for Pop Cans. We reached out to our Facebook fans and had them contribute ideas, so you know this list is filled with projects that you can actually make. Spring is just around the corner, so now is the perfect time to start thinking of ways to beautify your garden. Both the Embossed Aluminum Sunflower and Floral Plant Stakes look great among flowers and plants. Use aluminum cans to craft to the petals – you won’t believe how easy it is to complete these projects (no heavy machinery required).
Next time you host a party or invite friends over for a meal, save the aluminum cans after the meal and use them for your craft projects. You can even make a gift and give it to one of your guests – it’s a crafty way to commemorate a memorable occasion. Help the Earth, cut down on your trash haul at the end of the week and make something amazing – what could be sweeter?
- Aluminum Can and Resin Pendant from Saved By Love Creations
- Stamped Metal Tags from Positively Splendid
- Pop Flower Magnets from Recycled Cans from Tenth Muse Studios
- Pop Tab Ring of Elegance from Plastique Recreations
- Soda Can Earrings from By Wilma
- Metal Flowers from Crissy’s Crafts
- Soda Tab Bracelet from Crafting in a Green World
- Soda Can Flower Bows from Bee In Our Bonnet
- Hand-Stamped Gift Tags from Happy Hour Projects