Bye, bye boots! I am officially ready to retire my winter kicks and pull my sneakers out from the back of my closet. However, nothing ruins the excitement associated with spring clothing quite like the realization that your wardrobe is, well, boring. Luckily, there are so many ways to refashion a pair of plain sneakers and create a colorful, eye-catching pair of shoes that will last all season long. Whether you’re rocking a pair of lace ups or prefer some slip-ons, there are so many simple crafts to try. This is a great way to save money – no need to hit the shoe store when you have these craft projects at your disposal!
A lightweight pair of sneakers can be a great wardrobe staple during the spring. Create your own pair of Upcycled Vans – you only need two fabric paint colors to change the look of your shoes. Not a fan of black and white? Colorful Upcycled Sneakers are loud, proud and so much fun to wear. Best of all, these sneakers will get you in the mood to work up a sweat! Toms shoes a great accessory for the season and you can easily customize them with a few inexpensive supplies. Tutorials for Over the Rainbow Shoes and Simple Shoe Makeover will help you get started and think outside the box.
Unleash your creativity and add doodles, symbols and more to a plain pair of tennis shoes. Your one-of-a-kind creation is sure to get you noticed all season long.
- Spring Time Sneakers from A Lion’s Nest
- Miu Miu Inspired Glitter Sneakers from Love Maegen
- Aztec Inspired Shoes from C.R.A.F.T.
- Mystic Shoe from The Daily Telecraft
- Polka Dots Sneakers from Born In Eighty Two
- Altered Art Shoes from Robayre
- Tribal Tennies from Dream a Little Bigger
- Floral Canvas Shoes from Henry Happened
- Chevron Shoes from Time for Tea Beads