Valentine’s Day is just a week away! I still don’t have a Valentine (Ryan Gosling hasn’t returned my calls for some reason), but I am really starting to love the sights and sounds of this holiday. One of my favorite aspects of Valentine’s Day is the pretty colors. I’m a girly girl and I simply love pink, so you can imagine that this pretty hue make me extra cheery. I’m starting to notice that I’m not the only one who loves pink – it’s making a huge statement in the DIY world!
There are so many lovely pink projects on FaveCrafts and to be honest, I love them all. However, one of my personal favorites is the Princess Afghan. What little girl wouldn’t want her very own pink blanket? The design isn’t complicated and the colors are muted, making it an ideal compliment to anyone’s home decor. This blanket reminds me of a pink afghan from my childhood – I would carry it around with me and curl up with it all year long. Now, that afghan is one of my most treasured possessions. Another great crochet pattern is the Pink Grapefruit Dishcloth, which only required two skeins of yarn and is perfect for beginners. If you’re still looking for Valentine’s Day crafts, consider creating Pink and Red Rose Bouquet Ball or Pink and Red Crocheted Hearts – both of which are adorable, fun to make and oh so pretty to look at.
Valentine’s Day will come and go, but pink will always look good. If you’re a girly girl like me or just want to embrace a more understated look, you can’t go wrong when you think pink.
- Leather Bow Hair Tie from Oh The Lovely Things
- Pink Ombre on Bleached Denim from Pearmama
- Crocheted Slouch Hat Pattern from Lady By The Bay
- Chiffon and Tulle Flower Chandelier from Plentytude
- Rainbow Slouchy Beanie from Skirt as Top
- Bubblegum Cowl from Fiber Flux
- Ruffle Piñata from Kleinworth Co.
- Giant DIY Heart Art from Paper ‘n Stitch Blog
- Pink Vintage-Look Mason Jars from Mason Jar Crafts Love