Follow along with the AllFreeCrochet Video Host to construct your own. For more, free patterns, check out the scarves at AllFreeCrochet.com
I kid you not, the super star I am holding up is only 4 Revolutions. It is that fast to get to those sizes.
In this tutorial I will show you how to extreme your stars. I give you links inside the video to take the 5 Point Star, 6 Point Star and 10 Point Star Patterns and convert them to Super Stars in a snap.
Changing your hook to P Size and increase how much yarn you use will instantly change virtually any pattern you may have.
Here’s another free crochet pattern showing the Aruba Star.
What you see in this picture is 2 identical patterns. The one on top with all of the coloured Bernat Softee Chunky is the normal size version of this Catherine Wheel Stitch.
Simply by switching the hook to a P Size and ensuring you are using 3 strings at one time, the massive difference between the two is outstanding.
Learn how to Crochet A Massive Granny Square Using This Technique.
Try extreme granny squares on this Beautiful Cream Afghan Pattern; this will give your squares some punch.
- Follow along with this great tutorial to begin making your own Wristlets. EveaMarie really does a fab job in presenting this video. Click this picture to begin your free tutorial.
EveaMarie, a new host for AllFreeCrochet, has just released a brand new tutorial called One Skein Wristlets. Grab your crochet hook and follow along with her.
She makes following along easy and you can keep your wrists warm all winter long.
You can continue to receive many more free patterns at AllFreeCrochet.com. Here’s a free Wrist Cuff Pattern.
I am Michael Sellick, online I’m known as Mikey. I am totally consumed by the crafting ideas that bounce in my head. I social network most of the day, every day, and end up crafting in bed at night time watching Netflix. I am the creator of The Crochet Crowd . My website is dedicated to giving away free patterns and tutorials on how to create projects.
10 Fun Facts About Me
- I’m addicted to two things; spending a lot of time on the computer creating content and crafting. Thus making what I do true passion.
- I listen to the same music playlist on YouTube virtually everyday to fill in the white noise of a quiet house as I work.
- Kraft dinner is the best meal ever invented.
- When teaching live in person, I’m known to “Queen out and break creativity wide open”.
- I sometimes go grocery shopping with my Crocs on… please don’t call the fashion police.
- I struggle to back a car into a parking space. Ironically, I used to be a truck driver and could do that fine.
- The sound of the cat licking itself is a sound that drives me up the wall.
- I love dry, sarcastic and witty humour.
- If I could start a collection right now, I would collect high heel stilettos.
- Netflix is the next best thing to sliced bread.
Here’s Your Project Today
Beanie Hat For Men with Style
- Size H or 5.5 MM Crochet Hook
- 2 Ball of Bernat Mosaic Yarn
- I used 2 balls of yarn at the same time to double up the thickness of the yarn to provide better insulation and texture.
- When using two yarn at the same time, it’s cooler to not have the yarn shade colours to not match each other. This creates a more interesting and unpredictable look to your beanie hat.
- sl st – Slip Stitch
- beg – beginning
- sc – single crochet
- rep – repeat
- ch – chain
- Chain 4 and sl st to the beg ch.
- R1: Ch 1, work 6 sc in ring, join with sl st in beg ch.
- R2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc, join with sl st in beg ch, 12 sc.
- R3: Ch 1, *sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 18 sc.
- R4: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 24 sc.
- R5: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 30 sc.
- R6: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 36 sc.
- R7: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 42 sc.
- R8: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 48 sc.
- R9: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 7 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 54 sc.
- R10: Ch 1, *sc in next 8 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, sl st in beg ch, 60 sc.
- R11-22 : Ch 1, sc in each sc around, sl st in beg ch.
- Fasten Off. Weave in ends.
Twist & Twirl was added to Bernat’s line up of yarn on September 1st of this year; available in 7 different colours. There are a few advantages to this yarn that I really like. You can see the colour swatches to see all the different colour combinations that are available.
- Great choice of colours
- Price factor
- Easy Knitting
- Pattern & Ball Count Realism
I think the colours are super modern and trendy. Most people can’t envision the yarn being done up in the way that makes it very desirable. Once completed, the scarves look extremely random and unique to themselves.
Using Bernat’s distribution power, they have brought this yarn line to market that is comparable, if not, cheaper to the end consumer.
Knitting with this is much simpler than people realize. Learn with this AllFreeKnitting video on how to use it.
Finally, I love how the designers have provided enough yarn in the ball that you don’t need to buy extra. I find most patterns on store shelves force you to buy 2 balls. Usually using 1 full ball and then a very small portion of another ball. With Twist & Twirl one ball equals one completed full size scarf. This makes the consumer only have to buy just one for each scarf they want to make.
For more inspirational knitting patterns, see AllFreeKnitting.com. 1000’s of great free patterns by designers and enthusiastic knitters.
Today, I happened to notice a comment that suggested to me that a woman writing a comment sounded a bit lonely and was needing a friend. I sat back and thought.
“If my hunch is right, what can I do to help her?”
The woman is a great crocheter and she’s in a group of amazing other crocheters… maybe she just needs someone to connect with.
So this thought pattern led me to post a comment about making new friends. I am still in disbelief about how many people were interested in creating friendships. Some people got so excited they made so many friends they got a locked out from making more Facebook friends for 48 hours. I never thought Facebook had a spam protector like YouTube.
This is a strong reminder to me that “we need each other”. I love when flukes like this happen. Many people had a great day today over a very simple idea. It’s amazing how little it takes to make a difference.
In cooperation with Bernat, The Crochet Crowd will have mosaic afghan kits available at Creativ Festival.
At Creativ Festival on October 21 – 23, The Crochet Crowd will go live once again. This is our 3rd time going and we are more serious than ever with providing our followers with ground breaking deals on the show floor.
As advertised by Creativ Festival, we will have Bernat Mosaic Afghan Kits at the show. You can see all the swatches of Bernat Mosaic selections; we will not have every colour at the show. Based on a random poll to our audience, we selected the top 6 preferred colours.
The Bumble Berry Afghan that I presented is a representation of what each kit will do. This afghan took a certain amount of balls to achieve this. Using 100% of the same colour but due to the slow transition of colours, it really comes out to be a show piece at the end.
When making the above sample picture, I realized that if I would have raised my hook size up to 6.5 or size K, that I would get fewer squares out of my skeins but my afghan would have been much bigger. However, my kits are put together to accommodate getting yourself a complete afghan done just as you see in the video. The creativity in the end is really up to you.
So what’s in the kit?
- You are going to get all the balls to complete an authentic afghan.
- You are going to get a free written pattern to follow along to make this afghan.
- We are throwing 2 complimentary gifts inside the kits that are practical and you will, in fact, use.
So Here’s The Deal!
- The total value of this kit as it stands just under $100. We don’t expect you to pay that.
- We don’t expect you to pay for all of the yarn either. This kit has been priced low so that the you are receiving free yarn balls.
- The two complimentary gifts are indeed free with your purchase.
You will be saving about $25.00 if you were to purchase everything at full retail price.
So what’s the catch?
- We have only the top six colour choices on hand.
- We have only a few of each kit on hand.
- Once gone, we don’t have the power to re-stock at the show.
- First come, first serve.
- No holding or shipping will be done with our afghan kits.
See you at Creativ Festival on Oct 21 – 23rd.
For more inspiration, come to my most favourite resource site for Crocheters! AllfreeCrochet.com
Grab your crochet hook and just follow along.
For 1000’s of more free great patterns and crochet inspiration, you need to go to AllFreeCrochet.com.