Summer 2015 fashion scene is abound with an eclectic mix of vivid hues like red and tangerines combined with soft pastels like pink, aqua and moss. Add to that a good dose of Tribal jewelry and you get yourself a winning look for the rest of the summer and even winter this year. This bold necklace is a great way to add a streak of color, pattern and tribal flair to your wardrobe. Pair it with a little white dress or a breezy shirt and watch your style quotient zoom.
Spicy Tribal DIY Statement Necklace
- 24g half hard brass wire
- Red shell Talon beads
- Pink stone beads -14
- Coated acrylic oblong bead – 2
- Coated acrylic fluted rondrell – 2
- Carnelian nugget – 2
- Adjustable Neck cord – Moss green – 1
- Round nose pliers, wire cutter
- Cut a 12″ length of half hard brass wire. Add the red talons (Shell beads) in it in such a way that the shorter ones are towards the end and in between the sizes are staggered
- Bend the wire slightly to get a bib like shape and accommodate all the talons, without them climbing on top of one another. Using nose pliers, make wrapped loops at both ends of the wire.
- To another length of wire (don’t cut wire from the spool) add 7 stone beads, one acrylic oblong bead, 1 acrylic fluted rondrell, one carnelian nugget, followed by 1 acrylic fluted rondrell. Make a wrapped loop connecting to one side loop of the talons.
- Loop the other side of the beads by connecting to the loop of the neck cord. Repeat for the other side. You can also add jump rings or chain with a clasp instead of the drawstring neck cord closure.
Have you ever made tribal inspired jewelry?