Illuminate your garden or outdoor patio this season with gorgeous sun jars that look rustic and chic. Using solar lighting, sun jars use sunlight to light up your backyard after dark, so the party doesn’t stop. Have a late-night barbecue with your best friends or a romantic evening sipping wine on the patio with your beloved. Solar sun jars are my favorite DIY project for the outdoors and they’re easy to make with a few materials from the hardware store.
- Solar Garden Lights – found at your local hardware store.
- Mason Jars with Transparent Lid –
- AA Batteries, rechargeable
- Blu-tack or other reusable putty adhesive
- Utility knife
- Glass frosting spray
- Take apart the solar lights using the screwdriver and utility knife.
- With the blu-tack, affix the parts and batteries to the inside lid of the mason jar.
- Spray the outside of the jar with glass frosting spray to diffuse the light.
- Put the jar by a window to charge the batteries with the solar panel.
- Use your jars to light up your next outdoor party!
Have fun decorating with your new sun jars that look like you captured the sun, literally. If you like this project, check out these Tin Can Luminaries and Easy Party Lights to add extra lighting to an outdoor event.