Don’t you just love browsing at the thrift store? There are always so many interesting–and often unusual– things to find there. It can almost be like a treasure hunt, especially when you dig through all the rows of items in order to uncover that one amazing hidden gem. I don’t know about you, but my favorite thing to hunt for at thrift shops are old tables, chairs, and dressers I can give a DIY furniture makeover.
The great news is, if you go into thrift store with a little creativity in mind, nearly any item has the potential for a DIY furniture makeover! Need some inspiration before you go hunting? We’ve collected some of the best DIY furniture ideas from across the web. Learn how to paint an old table or upcycle a chair for your living room!
DIY Furniture Ideas
1. Beautiful decoupage motivational vanity table from A Little Craft in Your Day
2. Coordinating his and hers personalized rocking chairs from FaveCrafts.
3. Rescued and restored scarlet red bench makeover from Me and My Inklings
4. Inexpensive Polka dot card table set up cycled with spray paint and a shower curtain from FaveCrafts
5. Old buffet table made over into amazing new television console @ Cutesy Crafts
6. Retro motel luggage rack makeover from Picklee
7. Boring dresser given aged and weathered look from DecoArt
8. Industrial look dresser re-do with DIY pulls and carbon paper lettering from West Furniture Revival
9. Lovely homage to Piero Fornasetti table makeover from Mark Montano
10. Old bookcase made modern with trendy chevron stripes from FaveCrafts.
11. Hutch and cabinet turned into country style farm house cupboard with chalky paint from DecoArt
12. Gorgeous gold Leaf Desk Chair from Centsational Girl
13. Distressing a painted buffet with stain technique from I Should be Mopping the Floor
14. Tufted fabric ottoman from an old table from Make It Love It
15. Subway tiled table makeover from Tatertots and Jello
16. Luxurious DIY silver leaf vanity from Live Love DIY
17. From thrift store cabinet to chicken wire buffet from The Lovely Residence
18. Make over upholstery with pain from Kim Six Fix