Last year, we launched a brand new program for our bloggers and designers to submit their projects to our site. Years ago when FaveCrafts first launched, our editorial staff had to manually upload every single project submitted to the site. That meant a lot of work on the editor’s end and a lot of waiting for the blogger. Luckily, we just keep getting smarter here at FaveCrafts.com and Prime Publishing LLC (our home!). In hopes of improving our speed, efficiency, and personalizing the process, we launched our Submit Your Craft program. Now our bloggers can upload all of the information for their craft. By providing the description, photos, and more for projects, our designers have delighted in this new process. So far 1,569 projects have been submitted to FaveCrafts alone. In total all of our crafting and cooking sites at Prime Publishing LLC have received 15,369 projects and recipes!
Now, we’re looking for even more projects!
Check out the tips below from the FaveCrafts editor (that’s me!) on how to submit your projects to FaveCrafts and starting sending your ideas our way!
How to Submit Projects to FaveCrafts.com
- In order to submit to FaveCrafts, you need to head on over to our Submit Your Project page and click the “Share Your Project” button!
- You will be prompted to choose a type of craft, simply choose the craft project that fits your link best. If you are submitting a general crafting idea, select the “Craft Projects” button!
- Next you will be prompted to name your project. Name your project something that is easy to understand and relevant to our readers. We recommend names that are a max of 4 words long. You may also choose a category on the site to place your project. If you’re unsure, leave it blank. Our editors can do that part for you.
- Next, you will be prompted to upload an image.
- You must upload at least one image for any and all projects with a minimum size of 500 x 200 pixels.
- Please try and upload your best quality photo.
- Additionally, we prefer photos without words or watermarks on them. This makes it much easier for us to feature these projects in our newsletter, blog posts, and collection pages.
- You may upload multiple images. In fact, we encourage it!
- The following are some examples of fantastic photos that have been submitted recently:
- Now you will be asked for a description of your project. This description must be at least 50 words long. Get creative here! Remember you are tempting people to click on over to your site or make your project. Sell your project!
- From here on out, the information will changes from project type to project type. Fill out these questions to the best of your abilities. If you don’t know, simply skip it!
- Some fields (like difficulty level) are required. You will be prompted to fill it out if so.
- If you want us to link out to your project, insert your link into the HTML link section when it pops up.
- This must be a direct link to your project and not to your home page.
- We do not link out to company projects or links. Company projects should be submitted to us in full. When your project is added to the site, one of our editors will reach out in regards to creating a branded profile for your company.
- After this you will be asked for your materials list and instructions. If you prefer not to provide this information, you can skip these steps.
- Hint: If you are looking for a link to your blog, we recommend still providing a materials list as many crafters are more likely to visit a link if they know what they need for a project.
- In the notes section, feel free to leave any additional information about your project. Additionally, you may leave any special instructions for the editor here.
- Before submitting, you will receive a preview of your submission. If anything is wrong, feel free to click on the section list to the left of the preview to return to a tab and fix the issue. Once everything looks okay, click “Save & Continue”.
- Finally, you will be asked for your name and email address. The name you fill out here will be the name that shows up on your byline on the site, and the email address provided here will be the one we use to contact you when the project is posted. We recommend using the same information for all of your projects.
Find even more helpful tips and tricks on how to submit your project to FaveCrafts in our Submit Your Project FAQ. This helpful list of frequently asked questions offers helpful hints on the submission process as well as some fantastic tips on what type of projects, project names, and submissions do well on out site.