This week’s Meet and Make designer is Julianna Hudgins. Julianna is a household name in the crafting world because of her numerous TV appearances on QVC, Aleene’s Creative Living, HGTV’s Carol Duvall Show, PBS Scrapbook Memories, and more. You can find more about her crafting adventures at JuliannaProductions.com. Let’s meet Julianna!
10 Fun Facts about Julianna Hudgins:
- I hate getting wet! When I was little my Portuguese Grandma would say “You just like un gato”
- I am half Portuguese, Chickasaw & Choctaw Indian
- I have been crafting my entire life
- I LOVE Mexican food & Margarita’s
- I truly enjoy mass transit, trains & airplanes
- I am in love with Singapore
- I am constantly rearranging my home décor
- I was raised on a Ranch outside of Oxnard CA
- I collect Beads & Fabric
- I enjoy sweeping the floors
Here’s Julianna’s project:
- White cardstock
- Luminarte Radiant Rain Copper Shimmering Mist
- Luminarte Radiant Rain Ginger Flower Shimmering Mist
- Luminarte Radiant Rain Egyptian Gold Shimmering Mist
- Crystal cabochon, silver jump ring 6mm
- Ribbon & cording
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Ovals Die set S4-314
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting Machine
- Gem Tac White Glue
- Make sure that you protect your area prior to using Luminarte Spray Paints.
- I used an old pizza box as a spray booth and kept wet wipes on hand to clean up. Apply Luminarte Radiant Rain to paper in following order: Ginger Flower, Copper and Egyptian Gold. Let dry.
- Using Spellbinders Grand Calibur, cut the small, medium and large ovals from paper cutting two of each size.
- Glue the two layers of each side together back-to-back with Gen-Tac glue, aligning cut edges. This will give each piece more dimension and give each piece a painted front and back. Let dry.
- Glue small, medium and large layers together to create pendant.
- Glue cabochon to center of small oval. Let dry.
- Carefully open jump ring and loop through top hole of pendant. Close jump ring. String ribbon and cording through jump ring.