Have any of you heard of the BlissDom conference before? If you haven’t, let me quickly fill you in, because it’s awesome! BlissDom is a conference that’s all about empowering women bloggers. It’s in its fifth year and has grown to include more than 750 people from all over the country. This past weekend Kirsten, the editor of AllFreeSewing and I (representing AllFreeHolidayCrafts) had the opportunity to experience BlissDom and we were amazed by all the inspiring people we met. We got to network with a bunch of amazingly cool craft and food bloggers, learn from successful entrepreneurs like author Jon Acuff and social media guru Melanie Nelson, and have some fun in Nashville!
Since I love pictures, and I know you do too, I thought I’d give you a sneak peek inside our experience at the conference. First up, the location!
We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, which is a city unto itself. Seriously, this hotel had jungle-like plant life, waterfalls and even a boat that floated through the main lobby area:
After getting over the initial shock that this jungle paradise would be our home for the next two days, Kirsten and I started attending sessions where we learned about everything from Facebook to blogging to how to live creatively and believe in yourself. If it sounds very “Oprah,” it was — and in the best way possible. There’s no way you could have left BlissDom without feeling empowered to make positive changes in your life, whether personal or professional or both.
Interspersed with our seminars, we had time to chat with a bunch of other conference attendees. Everyone was so nice and friendly and I was amazed by the amount of creativity and passion packed into one place! We especially enjoyed making new connections with a few bloggers in particular. Pop over to these sites if you get a minute – I promise you’ll be glad you did!
- Maggie from Gussy Sews – A wonderful resource for sewists and anyone who likes cute things!
- Jennifer from Threaded Together – A blog run by two sisters, their mom, sister-in-law and some friends. They have great craft ideas and tutorials!
- Allison from House of Hepworths – A great resource for home decor and DIY tutorials; I especially love her Dollar Store section!
- Angela from Unexpected Elegance – A really cool blog with ideas for upcycled and thrifty home decor.
- Meggie from Hoosier Farm Babe – A fun blog with delicious recipes inspired by life on the farm.
There were so many amazing women at this conference, I’m just sad we weren’t able to meet all 750 of them!
We did make one more special friend while attending BlissDom. Are you ready for this? We met…
The Lorax! With the upcoming release of the Dr. Seuss inspired movie, this orange mustachioed guy was roaming the halls of the conference, taking pictures with eager fans and we were lucky enough to get to pose with him! Isn’t he cute?
Stay tuned for more snapshots of our time at BlissDom (trust me, there’s some other special stuff we want to share with you!), but for now I’ll leave you with this: We’re having a special giveaway just for you, our loyal readers!
One lucky reader (chosen at random) will win a swag bag full of fun items we picked up while at BlissDom:
This awesome swag bag includes:
- A Blooming Expressions flower from Hallmark
- A “People Like Me” Facebook t-shirt
- A recipe organizer
- A fashionable wristlet
- Shampoo and conditioner from VO5
- An official “BlissDom” silver necklace
- A cute breakfast bowl
- An airplane neck pillow
- A Blissdom canvas tote bag
- And so much more!
How to Enter the Giveaway:
All you need to do is leave a comment on this post telling us where you get your craft inspiration from. It could be a person you know, a blog you read, magazines, your kids… anything really!
1. Contest ends on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
2. Open to anyone 18+ in US and Canada only.
3. Only one entry per person please.
4. Winner will be announced right here on the blog on Friday, March 2, 2012.