You’ve heard of spring cleaning, but what about winter cleaning? We think now is the perfect time to sift through those old piles of clothes in the back of your closet and get rid of anything you no longer need. This is a great way to reset and start over now that it’s a brand new year! Better yet, save those old t-shirts and use them to create a variety of wearables and home decor items.
When most people think of t-shirt crafts, they image someone ripping or cutting up an old shirt. Tutorials for the Tee Shirt Fringed Scarf and Super Simple T-Shirt Scarf require few supplies and minimal expertise, but the results are so creative and cool. You can also use those old t-shirts to make your own yarn. Yes, you read that right – you can crochet and knit projects using yarn made from old t-shirts. Basically, all you have to do is cut the shirt into long, thin strips. If you’re lacking needles or a hook, you can still make plenty of t-shirt projects. For the Easy T-Shirt Necklace and Tee Shirt Beaded Necklace, you can cut the fabric into thin strips without any added crocheting or knitting.
Start your new year with a clean closet and creative inspiration! You’ll never have to say goodbye to a sentimental favorite when you have these tutorials on hand, so get organizing and start crafting!
- Crochet Cushion Cover from Callaloo Soup
- Upcycled T-shirt Headband from The Pink Doormat
- Easy Knit Summer Bracelets from Lebenslutiger
- Team Colors Braided T-Shirt Bracelet from Sometimes Homemade
- Crochet T-Shirt Rug Pattern from Grow Creative
- T-Shirt Tassel from My Poppet
- No Sew T-Shirt Scarf from Cafe Craftea
- DIY Braided Basket from Blogging Corner Blog
- T-Shirt Yarn Hanging Basket from Bowties & Fezzes