Hey there, campers! I am so pleased to announce that Ellen M. won yesterday’s Summer Camp Week giveaway and will be receiving a set of six American Girl Historical Craft Kits from EK Success Brand. Congratulations, Ellen! We will contact you by e-mail shortly for details about your prize.
I really enjoyed the Academic Camp crafts from AllFreeKidsCrafts yesterday, but now I’m ready to get outside and play since the Olympics are coming soon! Kids’ sports camps are a great way for kids to burn off excess energy and stay fit over the summer. Whether kids prefer soccer, horseback riding, basketball, gymnastics, or lacrosse, all kids can find games they enjoy. Sports camps offer the ideal physical education experience for kids who want to play and improve their performance.
To enter today’s giveaway, answer the following question in the comments below:
Do you think sports are an important part of a kid’s development and education, or are they more of a distraction?
To celebrate Sports Camp, we’re giving away another copy of Hand in Hand: Crafting with Kids, a craft book full of fun craft ideas to keep kids active and creative over the summer. Keep reading to learn more about the book and enter the giveaway!
Sporty Can Cozies Tutorial from Perler
Game on! You’ll find every type of sports crafts for kids at AllFreeKidsCrafts.com. I’m particularly thrilled about creating these amazing Olympic Medals my little Olympians over the next few weeks as the Summer Olympics approach! Kids can make Sports Equipment Ornaments for any game and any season.
Kids can make these Sporty Can Cozies out of Perler beads to keep their sports drinks and water bottles cool while they’re out playing hard on the field. Use these designs to make one in your team colors and show your support. Kids can also make these as gifts for sports fan family members and friends on holidays and special occasions.
- Large Basic Shapes Pegboards
- 1000 Perler Beads-Butterscotch, Dark Blue, Black, and White
- Bead Tweezer Plus
- Ironing Paper (6 sheets)
# Beads Needed for the Checkerboard Cozy:
- Black – 745
- White – 576
# Beads Needed for the Striped Cozy:
- Butterscotch – 745
- Dark Blue – 576
- Download the Can Cozies Project Pattern. Use the large circle peg board for your projects. If you’re using a clear peg board, slide the actual-size pattern underneath it. Place all the beads for the design.
- Ask an adult to fuse your designs. Place your peg board on a flat, heat-safe surface. Set a household iron to the medium setting. Place ironing paper over the peg board. In a circular motion, begin to iron the project. When ironed properly, the beads will still have an open center. Let the design cool.
- Remove the paper and bead design from the peg board. Flip the design over to expose the non-fused side. Repeat step two.
- Let cool completely. Note: Beads need heat for about 10-20 seconds per side to fuse evenly. Depending on the size of the project, additional heating time may be required. Since you are working on a 3-D project, DO NOT OVER-IRON the beads as it will make the centers of the beads close and can make assembly more challenging.
- Once the design is cool, peel off the ironing paper. Lift your design from the peg board; flip the design over and repeat step #2. Your peg boards and ironing paper are reusable.
- Assembly: Using the solid circle as the base, align and glue the first ring to the base. Repeat for the remaining rings.
- To create the checkerboard pattern, align the black and white colors for the first 4 rows, then rotate them for the next 4 rows so that black aligns with white. Repeat every 4 rows.
Summer Camp Week Giveaway
We are giving away a prize a day every day this week here on FaveCraftsBlog.com for Summer Camp Week. It is so easy to enter. Just go to our daily Summer Camp Week post and comment to enter! You have 5 chances to win and a new special prize each day.
Today’s prize is Hand in Hand: Crafting with Kids by Jenny Doh, a phenomenal kids craft book featuring great crafts for kids and adults to make together. You’ll find endless inspiration for nature crafts and more in Hand in Hand: Crafting with Kids. This book is a fantastic resource for the parents and teachers of crafty kids. Click here to read the book review on AllFreeKidsCrafts.
This beautiful craft book is full of tutorials from famous craft designers and bloggers whose open-ended kids craft projects allow for innovation and constructive, creative learning. You can win Hand in Hand: Crafting with Kids by Jenny Doh by commenting on this blog post!
Comment on this blog post and enter the to win a free copy of Hand in Hand: Crafting with Kids, then check in tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. CST to find out if you’re the winner!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please comment on this blog post to enter.
- Winners will be posted on FaveCraftsBlog.com and notified by email at 10:00a CST on Friday, July 20, 2012.
Latest posts by AllFreeKidsCrafts (see all)
- 8 Adorable Rainbow Loom Animals Your Kids Will Adore - September 11, 2017
- 10 Easy Friendship Bracelet Patterns for Kids - May 22, 2017
- Teacher’s Pet: 19 Incredibly Easy Teacher Appreciation Gifts - May 9, 2017