I’ve got some exciting news for you, crafters! The first bit of news is that I’ve got a brand new Silhouette Cameo cutting system, and I’ve been playing with it all week. I’m going to be sharing some project ideas with you throughout the week, so if you’ve got a Silhouette, or if you’re planning on buying one, stay tuned to get some ideas!
The second bit of news might be even more interesting to you: At the end of the week, I’m giving away a Silhouette Cameo to one lucky FaveCrafts reader!!! You’ll also get your choice of one starter kit (Fabric Ink, Rhinestone, Vinyl, or Heat Transfer). And if you don’t win, you can always buy one (or ask for one for Christmas) using our handy dandy promo code. Just use “FAVE” to get yourself a brand spankin’ new Silhouette Cameo with choice of starter kit for only $299. But hurry, the code only lasts until October 31, and the machines will sell out!
Here’s how to enter:
- Like Silhouette on Facebook
- Follow Silhouette on Pinterest
- Leave a comment on any of our Silhouette blog posts (this one or any post I write this week that has “Silhouette Cameo” in the title) telling me what you would make if you had a Silhouette Cameo.
- I’ll randomly pick a winner and announce who won on October 30!
When I first got the machine in the mail, I was struck by the shape they have pictured on the box. I really couldn’t believe it was made of paper. Here’s the box:
And here’s the shape:
Isn’t it cute? I decided I had to have one. I have a huge stack of lightweight yellow paper leftover from my heart straws project, so I used that for most of my Silhouette experiments. Yellow is my favorite color, after all.
One wasn’t enough, so I ended up making a bunch of them. It was really easy to make them too. All I did was tell the Silhouette to cut the shape out, and then I peeled the remaining paper off the cutting mat, folded along the perforated lines, pushed the little tabs into the flaps, and glued the tops together with glue stick.
After I’d cut out a few, I started thinking these would be cute paper lanterns to hang at a wedding or outdoor party. How pretty would these look with Christmas lights or LED candles inside? I strung them up on a piece of kite string to see how they’d look:
I don’t have any lights to put in them yet, but I think I sense a wedding appearance for these little guys! Check back tomorrow to see what else I’ve made so far!
Don’t forget to leave a comment telling me what you’d make with a Silhouette Cameo–you just might win one!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 7 Craft Trends for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Happy Birthday to You! Card Make n’ Take with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - December 6, 2017
- 6 Ways to Donate Your Handcrafts to Kids in Need Around the World through OCC - October 18, 2017