One of the crafts I was dying to make with the Silhouette Cameo was cupcake liners and cupcake picks. Yes, even I have fallen prey to the cupcake trend that’s swiffering the nation. I also discovered a cupcake stand shape when I was browsing the Silhouette store online, so I bought that and made one as well. Before I show you those…
Here’s how to buy one:
Just use promo code “FAVE” to get yourself a brand spankin’ new Silhouette Cameo with choice of starter kit (Fabric Ink, Rhinestone, Vinyl, or Heat Transfer) for only $299. But hurry, the code only lasts until October 31, and the machines will sell out!
Here’s how to win one:
- Like Silhouette on Facebook
- Follow Silhouette on Pinterest
- Leave a comment on any of our Silhouette blogposts (this one or any post I write this week that has “Silhouette Cameo” in the title) telling me what you would make if you had a Silhouette Cameo.
- I’ll randomly pick a winner and announce who won on October 30!
There’s the cupcake stand I made from a purchased shape. I also purchased that liner design. The heart shape is a smaller version of the hearts I cut out for my garlands.
And here are all of the different liners I made. The pumpkin ones were purchased shapes as well. I found the polka dot design as a free download online (just search for free .gsd files and you’ll fine a veritable cornucopia of free designs) and I altered it to make both of the heart liners on the left. The scallops on the second one were made by melding circles along the edge of the original liner.
Here’s what the liners look like after the Silhouette cuts them out. I just applied some glue stick to the edges and glued them shut to make a 3D liner shape. Side note: My family was not pleased with all the tiny yellow hearts that are now all over my kitchen as a result of this project!
Now it’s time for artsy cupcake shots.
Everyone at the FaveCrafts office loved the cupcakes (they were Funfetti, so of course they did)! And the pink frosting and cute, yet unnecessary, paper accents didn’t hurt either.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below telling me what you would make if you had a Silhouette Cameo! Every comment is an entry into our giveaway!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019