Fall is here! Okay, it’s still technically summer, but let’s face it – autumn is everywhere! My neighborhood coffeeshop just unveiled its latest offering, maple lattes, and at this point, Pinterest should be renamed Pumpkin-rest. Frankly, I couldn’t be more excited to put away my summer shorts and pull out my chunky sweaters!
When I think of fall crafts, I immediately imagine a cozy country cottage in the woods. I imagine crunchy dry leaves on the ground, a slight chill in the air, and hollow wooden logs lining my path. In other words, autumn is the most “rustic” time of year. From the slightly unfinished fabrics to the muted colors, fall is all about the quiet calm you find in the woods rather than the bright and shiny colors of the beach. A Country Apple Garland, looks great above a mantel or hanging on a wall. The beige muslin fabric is easy to work with and so appropriate for fall. You can also use jute or hemp for Recycled Decoupage Luminary Jars. It gets dark earlier in the fall, so place a tea light inside each jar and use them to light your front porch. Cork is also a great resource if you want to make a country craft, so save up those empty wine bottles! Use the toppers to create Beaded Wine Cork Keychains. This is a quick and thrifty recycle craft that will help you keep track of your keys.
This fall, take a trip to the country without ever leaving home. Use fabric like burlap, muslin and hemp or recycle materials like cork to create rustic projects. Turn your home into a woodsy cottage and don’t forget the requisite pumpkins!
- Rustic Fall Centerpiece from Love of Family and Home
- DIY Place Card Holders from Coordinately Yours, by Julie Blanner
- Rustic Wood Planter Box from Make Life Lovely
- Woodsy Cupcake Stand from The Lovely Cupboard
- Giant Chalkboard from The Merry Thought
- Rustic Wood Frame from Design, Dining and Diapers
- Photo Clipboards from Love Grows Wild
- Rustic Wood Tray from Liz Marie Blog
- Wood Stained Table Numbers from Oh So Very Pretty
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- In Case You Missed It: Top 20 Crafts from Creativation 2017 - May 30, 2017
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017
- April is Stress Awareness Month! Unwind with Knitting and Crochet - April 3, 2017