One way to cut down on the waste cluttering our planet is to use what you already have in your house or that you can easily get, but you also don’t have to fill your house with old things. Upcycled crafts are the perfect way to renew and reuse things that you might think are out of style or useless. Giving a used item a makeover is a fun way to exercise your creativity, save some money, and show respect for our planet. Today, FaveCraft.com’s celebration of our lovely blue planet continues with another innovative, Earth-friendly craft.
Day three of Earth Week brings us to a fantastic tutorial involving a chair. Nicole from Darn Good Yarn walks us through the surprisingly easy process of giving an old chair a new look. With a couple of simple materials you can create a fun and funky chair for your household.
Refurbish An Old Chair With Yarn
- 4.5 skeins of 4-ply Sari Ribbon Rope
- 1 Reclaimed Silk Scarf
1. Cut the yarn into strips and tie them where you want them. For my chair, I wrapped the yarn around the chair legs and tied them, then tacked it down with a dab of glue.
2. I popped off the seat cushion and reupholstered it with one of my Reclaimed Silk Scarves. You can also re-foam the chair if you need to.
Thanks again to Nicole from Darn Good Yarn for allowing us to share this tutorial!
- Easiest Yarn Wrapped Spring Wreath
- Yarn Wrapped Votive Holder
- Restyled Table
- Patchwork Decoupage Chair
- End Table Upcycle
Earth Week Giveaway
Return daily to comment on the blog for your chance to win one of the two Earth Week prizes. One lucky winner will win a Wool Felt Bug Kit and an Art Journal Kit from Arterro, and another lucky winner will win two hanks of At the Bahamas: Multi Colored Recycled Sari Silk Ribbon Yarn from Darn Good Yarn.
Bonus! As a gift to all Earth Week participants, when shopping with Arterro enter the coupon code FAVE20 for 20% off any order through May 1st.
- There is a maximum of one entry per person per day. The entry will be based upon a comment left on this blog post. Duplicate comments will be deleted and are not tallied. You can comment once a day on each blog post.
- Winners will be selected at random from the comments on the Earth Week blog posts.
- Winners will be announced here on the blog on April 29th as well as contacted by the email address provided.
- You have until April 28th, 2013 at 11:59p EST to leave your comment on any of the Earth Week posts. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada.
What is your favorite way to upcycle items?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- New Ways to Share and Save on Prime Publishing LLC Sites - October 12, 2017
- 7 Absurdly Easy Afghans for Beginners - October 9, 2017
- Craft Tutorials and How Tos You Might Have Missed: Part 2 - July 10, 2017