This tutorial is brought to you by Latrice Murphy from Any Occasion.
Hey there it’s Latrice with a fun and fast project that you can make right now. It’s perfect for kids- I’m actually going to be doing this with my group of Girl Scouts this week in honor of Earth Day. This project uses something we all have on a daily basis but usually toss. While exploring Pinterest, I have come across my fair share of projects using toilet paper tubes, so I decided to create something myself.
- Toilet paper tube
- Random packaging insert (chipboard)
- Glue stick
- Hot glue gun
- Buttons (even better is they are ones you have from old shirts!)
- Corner rounder
- Scraps of patterned paper
I started by cutting my paper pieces to fit. The base is 4” X 4” and the tube needed a piece that was 4-¼” X 6-¼”. Adhere the paper to both with a simple glue stick. You also could staple or use Washi Tape to keep it on there.
Next up you’ll want to use your glue gun to attach the tube to the base. The base gives it stability to be able to hold pencils.
Now the hard parts are done. Last you just have to embellish to your hearts desire and fill with nice sharp pencils.
My daughter wanted to make one for every friend. She could too, because I never toss my TP tubes.
Don’t forget – we’re celebrating Earth Week with giveaways, tutorials and more!
Check back every single day for new crafts and a chance to win big!
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019