Last year, I made a resolution to go green. For me, this meant setting up a recycle bin at home and making sure to use it, even when it was less convenient. I also made it a point to repurpose recyclable items like jars and plastic bags. To be honest, I didn’t think it would make a huge difference, but I’ve really seen that every eco-friendly effort is completely necessary.
Recycle crafts can be made 365 days a year and tailored to any event. On FaveCrafts, there are free eBooks devoted to the subject (check out 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts) and more specific roundups for a variety of materials such as plastic bottles. In fact, you can save the plastic tops from your water bottles and make a Bold Button Water Bottle Bracelet. Green crafting doesn’t end with recyclables, though. You can repurpose an old sock to create a Drawstring Sock Pouch – it’s perfect for carrying little treasures. If you’re a java fanatic, you probably go through plenty of K-Cups. Instead of throwing away all of those little empty cups, turn them into K-Cup Flower Pin Cushions.
There’s never a bad time to start a new habit. Once you start crafting with recyclables, you’ll be amazed how much money you save on supplies. Trim your trash haul and help the Earth – not a bad way to start the new year, don’t you think?
- Gift Card Holder from Paper Towel Roll from Nellie Bellie
- Recycled Jar Lantern from My Made Up Story
- Drinking Straw Bracelets from Mark Montano
- Jute Wrapped Recycled Bottles from The Full Moxie
- Manuscript Christmas Vase From a Recycled Tin Can from Wag Doll
- Wine Cork Stamps from Bespangled Jewelry
- Storage Frame from David Leon Morgan
- Super-Cute Fabric Bookmark from The Little Greenhouse
- DIY Scratch Paper from Recycled Books from Morena’s Corner
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 7 Craft Trends for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Happy Birthday to You! Card Make n’ Take with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - December 6, 2017
- 6 Ways to Donate Your Handcrafts to Kids in Need Around the World through OCC - October 18, 2017