National Craft Month is still going strong and today we’re bring you one of our favorite projects from Hambly. This Wood Veneer Embellishment is great for your scrapbook layout. You can choose your favorite colors and make them nice and bright for spring. Add rub-ons and dress up your pieces. Leah Farquharson for Hambly Screen Prints brings us today’s crafty embellishment tutorial.
Wood Veneer Embellishment
Wood veneer has to be one of the hottest items for this year’s scrapbooking supplies! Today I wanted to share some fun I had by adding rubons to some wooden embellishments that I had in my scrapbook stash! I decided that I wanted to dress up my banner pieces a bit to add to the bold, spring look of my card. I had fun choosing colors that reminded me of the first signs of spring when I was a kid.
Supplies you’ll need:
- Hambly papers
- Transparencies and rubons of your choice for your project.
These are the ones I used:
– Garden Party Transparency in Tea
– Diagonal Alley Paper
– Kraft Label Sticker
– Flowers and Feathers rubons in pink
– Flowers and Feathers rubons in Yellow
– Clear Butterfly and Floral Stickers
- Ink of your choice, I chose black
- Paper towel
- Plain wooden scrapbook embellishments, I used the banner pieces from Studio Calico
Start by choosing a rubon to add to your wood piece, and applying it. There was a bit of excess hanging over the edge when I finished, so I just gently rubbed my finger along the edge to brush it off and bend it over the edge. I chose not to ink both of the styles of rubon that I chose. I wanted the yellow to stand on its own.
Place your wooden piece on a paper towel or other surface that’s safe for the ink, and spritz it until it’s covered well. Let it sit for just a minute or two, so the ink can soak in a bit. Wood is an organic substance, so each piece will color a bit differently.
Dab the excess ink off of the wooden piece, and attach to your project!
We are giving away a prize a day every day here on our FaveCrafts blog for National Craft Month. It is so easy to enter and be sure to check back each day for our Project of the Day post like this one to comment to enter! You have 31 chances to win and a new special prize each day.
Today’s Prize is…. a $20 Gift Certificate!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 7, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Answer this question below in the Comments Section of this post for a chance to be today’s winner:
What time of day do you like to craft?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019