Today’s Project of the Day for National Craft Month comes from the fine folks at Spellbinders This handmade card idea from is great for the upcoming spring and summer seasons. It just perfectly embodies the joy and excitement we all feel during the warm weather months!
Using Spellbinders’ really cute die templates, you can easily put together your own free-spirited card to send happy wishes to someone special in your life. We’re sharing the full cardmaking tutorial below, so just follow the simple steps and you’ll have a stash of adorable handmade cards in no time! These are so handy to have ready to go; you never know when you’re going to need to send out a quick card!
“Enjoy Your Day” Card Tutorial
By Latisha Yoast for Spellbinders™ Paper Arts
Card Making Materials:
- Spellbinders ES-001 Simplicity
- Spellbinders S5-097 Jewel Treasures
- Spellbinders S5-089 Home Sweet Home
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L white foam squares
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-tac
- Bazzill Teal cardstock
- Bazzill Yellow cardstock
- GinaK white luxury cardstock
- Michael’s brand yellow/white gingham wired ribbon
- Bakers twine
Card Making Instructions:
1. Cut/score cardstock
2. Trim down smaller panel from white cardstock (4 x 5 ¼ inches)
3. Emboss white panel.
4. Cut/emboss kites using different colored cardstock.
5. Adhere the outside of the kite to the panel using liquid adhesive
6. Adhere the center of the kite using foam tape.
7. Wrap ribbon around the panel, tie a pretty bow.
8. Adhere panel to card using foam tape
9. Cut/emboss white cardstock using a tag.
10. Stamp sentiment onto tag
11. Attach tag to bow using twine.
We’re giving away a prize a day every day here on our FaveCrafts blog for National Craft Month. It is so easy to enter, so be sure to check back each day for our Project of the Day post like this one to comment to enter! You have 31 chances to win and a new special prize each day.
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 5, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Answer the question below in the Comments Section of this post for a chance to be today’s winner:
What is the best compliment you’ve ever received for one of your crafts?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019