Praise e-mail all you want, but there’s no denying that everyone loves getting cards in the mail! Whether it’s for a birthday, a thank you, or just because you’re thinking of someone, sending a little greeting can turn someone’s day around…especially if you make the card yourself. Today’s project comes from K&Company and is a beautiful card that can be used for any occasion. The bright spring colors and flower embellishments are perfect for this time of year! Thanks to Kara Ward for K&Co. for bringing us today’s project!
Whether it’s a birthday, an anniversary, or Mother’s Day, this Happy Times Card is just the thing to send a friend or family member a little love! With some textured paper and a little creativity, you can turn an everyday greeting into something colorful and spectacular!
White card stock
Purple textured paper
Textured card stock (colors of your choice)
Pattern paper (colors and styles of your choice)
Stickers of your choice
- Cut a white card stock card base measuring 4 x 12. Fold in half to create a card.
- Cut 3 ¾ inches by 5 3/4 inches purple textured paper rectangle and center it onto the card stock card.
- Layer strips of textured card stock and pattern paper.
- To create interest, try punching scallop borders and layering them together. With many, they remind me of the scallops on sea shells.
- Add a blue ribbon and embellish with stickers.
- Layer the stickers to create a more dimensional card.
We are giving away a prize a day every day here on our FaveCrafts blog for National Craft Month. It is so easy to enter and be sure to check back each day for our Project of the Day post like this one to comment to enter! You have 31 chances to win and a new special prize each day.
Today’s Prize is…The K&Company Jubilee Scrapbook Kit!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 9, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Answer this question below in the Comments Section of this post for a chance to be today’s winner:
What craft or DIY project are you working on right now?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- How FaveCrafts Celebrated Our 10 Year Anniversary - July 15, 2019
- Best Blogger Contest 2019 Winners! - April 25, 2019
- Adorable Granny Square Scarf + 10 More Uses for Granny Squares - April 18, 2019