Today marks the halfway point of National Craft Month. It’s been so much fun sharing all of the exciting Project of the Day tutorials with all of you and giving away tons of awesome prizes too! We hope you’ve been enjoying National Craft Month as much as we have! Keep staying tuned to the blog for more craft tutorials and more chances to win. We’re going to be sharing 15 more projects between now and March 31st, which also means 15 more opportunities for you to enter our craft supply giveaways!
Today I’m really excited to share our Project of the Day, which comes from the fine folks at Bernat. This beautiful crochet necklace and bracelet set is the perfect spring accessory. Celebrate the start of the warm weather season with this fashionable wearable craft project! Just throw on this jewelry set to instantly give your outfit a fun pop of color. Everyone will be asking you where you bought your fabulous accessories and you can proudly respond that you made them yourself!
Crochet Floral Necklace
Jazz up your spring wardrobe with this bright and colorful floral necklace and matching bracelet! Making your own jewelry is a fun activity and a great way to save some money. Follow this free crochet pattern and make these cheery accessories today!
Motif: Approx 1½” [4 cm] diameter.
- Bernat Handicrafter Crochet Thread (3 oz/85 g; 371 yds/339 m)
- Contrast A: 31707 Perfect Red (1 ball for necklace, 1 ball for bracelet)
- Contrast B: 31134 Really Royal (1 ball for necklace)
- Contrast C: 31116 Loyal Blue (1 ball for necklace)Note: 1 ball will make approx 20 motifs.
- Size 1.75 mm (U.S. 6) steel crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Necklace only: 4 metal jump rings. 2 lengths of chain 7½” [19 cm] long. 1 jewelry clasp.
- Optional: Spray starch
30 sc and 32 rows = 4” [10 cm].
Approx = Approximately.
Ch(s) = Chain(s).
Rem = Remaining.
Rep = Repeat.
Sc = Single crochet.
Sl st = Slip stitch.
Sp(s) = Space(s).
Tog = Together.
Yoh = Yarn over hook.
Ch 6. Join with sl st to ﬁrst ch to form ring.
1st rnd: Ch 1. 12 sc in ring. Join with sl st to ﬁrst sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next sc. Ch 3. Miss next sc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to ﬁrst sc.
3rd rnd: *Ch 5. (Yoh and draw up a loop. Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) 5 times in next ch-3 sp. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook – cluster made. Ch 5. Sl st in next sc. Rep from * around, joining last sl st to ﬁrst sc.
Make 8 Motifs: 3 with A, 2 with B and 3 with C.
Finishing: Sew Motifs tog as shown in Diagram. Attach 1 jump ring to one end of both chains. Attach ends with jump rings to Motifs where indicated. Attach clasp to one free end of chain.
Optional: Spray starch according to manufacturer’s directions.
With A, make 4 Motifs.
Finishing: Sew Motifs tog as shown in Diagram.
Optional: Spray starch according to manufacturers directions.
Ties: Join A with sl st where indicated in Diagram. Ch 30.
Fasten off. Rep for rem 3 ties.
Like I mentioned earlier, we’re giving away a prize every single day of March, right here on the blog for National Craft Month. It’s so easy to enter; just be sure to check back each day for our Project of the Day post like this one to comment to enter! You have 31 chances to win and a new special prize each day.
Today’s prize is: $40 worth of Bernat Handicrafter Crochet Thread
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 16, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Answer this question below in the Comments Section of this post for a chance to be today’s winner:
What is your favorite craft to work on in the spring?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Happy Birthday to You! Card Make n’ Take with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - December 6, 2017
- 6 Ways to Donate Your Handcrafts to Kids in Need Around the World through OCC - October 18, 2017
- New Ways to Share and Save on Prime Publishing LLC Sites - October 12, 2017