Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone! Are you Irish? Today you are! Not only is it great to be Irish (actually or just for today), it’s great to be a crafter during National Craft Month. We’ve been celebrating all month long by bringing you a new project and giveaway everyday. I hope you’ve been enjoying our series. By this point, you probably know that you can participate and enter to win by simply leaving us a comment under the project of the day. It’s that easy! Check out our free craft, leave us a comment and you could win an awesome prize. We like to keep it simple here at the FaveCrafts Blog.
And because we’re all in the mood for a little green, let’s make a quick (super last minute) project you can wear in your hair today. If this little piece doesn’t bring you the luck of the Irish, we don’t know what will (maybe it’s time to search for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?) Let’s get started on this super quick project.
Chic Shamrock Hair Clip
Get in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit with this chic shamrock hair clip! If it doesn’t bring you the luck of the Irish, it will at least give you major style points. This simple holiday craft idea is fun to make, and even more fun to wear!
What you will need:
- 1/8 yard green satin
- Gem or button for center
- Clip or pin backing
- Candle and lighter
- Hot glue gun
- Needle and thread
- Few inches of ribbon
- Adult supervision (this project is NOT for kids)
For the project instructions and additional tips, visit AllFreeSewing.com.
Does anyone feel like winning something cool today? We’re still rounding up crafty products, books and the like to ship out to you! Every day in March, we’re hosting a special National Craft Month giveaway series. Just answer the question in the comments below and you could win today’s mystery prize. Happy St. Patrick’s Day and good luck!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 17, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? What’s your favorite St. Patrick’s Day memory?
Latest posts by AllFreeSewing (see all)
- 15 Quick Sewing Projects Under 15 Minutes - July 20, 2014
- What You (Almost) Forgot to Bring: Sewing Purses, Organizers, and More for Travel - July 14, 2014
- Kids and Camping Hacks: 17 Camping Crafts for Kids - July 8, 2014