National Craft Month is still going strong and today we’re bring you one of our favorite projects from PurpleCows. This Handmade Gift Box is perfect for storing little treasures or giving a personal touch to gifts for your friends. You can choose your favorite scrapbook paper or make a different box for every gift-giving season! Add your own special touches to each box for creative and personalized wrapping. Dawn for Purple Cows brings us today’s crafty tutorial.
Cardstock Gift Box
If you’re buying a gift to give for a family member or a friend, a handmade gift box is a great way to add just a touch of personalization to that gift. This way the person the gift is intended for will know you took that little bit of extra time and effort to make something just for them! How special is that?
1. Trim Core’dination cardstock to 7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″
2. Score at 2 1/2″ and 5″ both ways. Fold all score marks
4. Trim Purple and Pink cardstock to 2 1/4″x 2 1/4″.
5. Cut each pink square in half.
6. Distress each piece with your Distressing tool.
7. Stamp each piece using the Purple Cows CraftGeek Stamp It
8. Adhere each stamped piece of pink cardstock to the purple cardstock.
10. Trim cardstock to 4 1/4″x 4 1/4″ for the box lid.
11. Score all 4 sides at 3/4″. Fold each score and snip only one side of each corner.
We are giving away a prize a day every day here on our FaveCrafts blog for National Craft Month. It is so easy to enter and be sure to check back each day for our Project of the Day post like this one to comment to enter! You have 31 chances to win and a new special prize each day.
Today’s Prize is…. the Purple Cows Stamp it and Spring Stamps set!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 8, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Answer this question below in the Comments Section of this post for a chance to be today’s winner: