Welcome to day 20 of our special National Craft Month celebration. As usual, we’ve got another Project of the Day tutorial and a chance to win another crafty prize! Don’t forget to keep staying tuned in to the blog for more craft tutorials and more chances to win. We’re going to be sharing 11 more projects between now and March 31st, which also means 11 more opportunities for you to enter our craft supply giveaways!
Spice up your living room by making this adorable needlefelted pillow! If you’ve never tried needlefelting before, you should beware because it’s incredibly addicting. It’s also surprisingly easier than it looks! All you need is some wool roving, a felting needle and you’re ready to create a charming piece of home decor, like this Bluebird Pillow! Wouldn’t this look adorable in your sitting room? Let’s learn how to make it!
- Dimensions Needlecrafts Nutmeg Pillow Cover
- Dimensions Needleworks Wool Felt-Khaki
- Dimensions Needleworks Wool Felt-White
- Dimensions Needleworks Wool Roving-Ivory/Nutmeg
- Dimensions Needleworks Wool Roving-Latte/Mocha
- Dimensions Needleworks Wool Roving-Butter/Cheddar
- Dimensions Needleworks Wool Roving-Pastel Blue/Blueberry
- Dimensions Needleworks Felting Mat
- Dimensions Needleworks Replaceable Needle Felting Tool
- Dimensions Needleworks Multi-Needle Felting Tool
- Cut out a piece of white flat felt approximately 5″ x 8.5″ and a piece of khaki flat felt approximately 8″ x 12″. Attach the white felt to the khaki using grey yarn and the buttonhole stitch.
- Needlefelt the branch with nutmeg roving across the flat felt pieces. Needlefelt the birds across the branch. Needlefelt the four birds across the branch using the photo as a guide. Add the beaks using the burnt orange yarn. Add the seed beads for the eyes. Sew the French knot border using blue yarn.
- Attach the completed panel to the pillow cover using brown yarn and buttonhole stitch.
And like I mentioned above, don’t forget that we’re giving away a prize every single day of March, right here on the blog for National Craft Month. It’s so easy to enter; just be sure to check back each day for our Project of the Day post like this one to comment to enter! You still have 12 more chances to win and a new special prize each day.
Today’s prize is: $50 worth of Dimensions Needlecrafts goodies!
- Happi Owl
- Red Cell Case
- Java Coaster/Cozy
- Blue/Brown Bead Bracelet
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 21, 2012 at 11:59p CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Answer this question below in the Comments Section of this post for a chance to be today’s winner:
What was your funniest crafting disaster?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 25+ Flower Crafts To Brighten Your Day - March 20, 2017
- 20+ Incredible Crafts For Adults You Need in Your Life - March 13, 2017
- Babypalooza! 13 Pastel Baby Blankets - March 6, 2017