Today’s Project of the Day for National Craft Month comes from the fine folks at Provocraft! Brighten up your door with this easy to make spring project. Visitors will love being welcomed by the fun design and whimsical feel. And don’t forget to enter our Giveaway by answering the question below in the Comments Section of this post.
Using the Cricut Expression 2 die cutting machine, this fun project is super fast and easy. With the Cricut Craft Room, you can choose your design as well as size and let the Cricut Expression do all the work for you! Since you are choosing the papers and patterns you are using, this could be a nice accompaniment to any home decór. You can add a vintage flair to this project by inking your edges before forming your pinwheels or leave it inkless for a clean look. The choice is yours!
Paper Pinwheel Wreath Tutorial
By Sharon Butterfield for Provocraft™
Skill level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
Cricut Expression® 2 Personal Electronic Cutter
Cricut® Craft Room Exclusive 3D Pinwheels cartridge
Patterned paper: 3-4 patterns, double sided
Brads: green, pink, blue, yellow
Cricut Craft Room Exclusive 3D Pinwheels cartridge
• 5 ¼”
- Cut pinwheels from your favorite paper using the Cricut Expression 2.
- Ink all edges. Front and back.
- When assembling pinwheels, roll each corner of the pinwheel that has the hole. This will help the paper to bend without creasing when you assemble with the brad.
- Rip muslin into 3” strips. Wrap around wreath until it is all covered. Use pins to hold into place.
- Use pins to attach the pinwheels onto the wreath.
We’re giving away a prize a day every day here on our FaveCrafts blog for National Craft Month. It is so easy to enter, so be sure to check back each day for our Project of the Day post like this one to comment to enter! You have 31 chances to win and a new special prize each day.
Today’s Prize is a Cuttlebug Machine!
- Contest open to US and Canada residents 18+
- One comment/entry per person.
- Contest closes March 4, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Please answer the question below in order to be entered.
- Winners will be posted on this blog and notified by email.
Answer the question below in the Comments Section of this post for a chance to be today’s winner:
What do you craft to celebrate Spring?
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- Craft Tutorials and How Tos You Might Have Missed: Part 2 - July 10, 2017
- In Case You Missed It: Top 20 Crafts from Creativation 2017 - May 30, 2017
- 15 Perfect Spring Felt Projects You’ll Want To Make - April 10, 2017