How can you not smile with you look at polka dots? They seem to give a whimsical look and fun touch to just about anything. You can add character to a vase, sweater or card by simply adding a few little dots – talk about a quick and easy idea! Polka dots can breath new life into an old piece, too. Save yourself a trip to the mall or home decor store and upcycle a piece you already have on hand.
If your space is looking a little plain, you can’t go wrong with a home decor craft that incorporates polka dots. Blue and Green Polka Dot Wall Art is uncomplicated and adorable, making it an ideal project for crafts of all ages. For this project, your can use polka dot fabrics to cover a Styrofoam canvas, but you can also apply paint to acheive a unique look. Another cool home decor project to make is a Polka Dot Tissue Lantern. Start with a plain white lantern and add tissue paper – all you need is Mod Podge! The translucent tissue paper will project dots onto your wall while still providing adequate lighting for any space. You can also use buttons to create polka dots for a Fabric Button Bracelet. An empty cardboard roll serves as the base of this project, making it ideal for eco-friendly crafters or anyone on a budget.
Don’t be afraid to add polka dots to your next craft project, whether it’s a plate, bracelet or t-shirt. You’ll love the look and will want to show off your creativity and handiwork to anyone who crosses your path.
- Gold Polka-Dotted Paper Mache Glass Jars from Hello Hydrangea
- Pom Pom Sweater from I Wear the Canvas
- DIY Polka Dot Wrapping Paper from Squirrelly Minds
- Polka Dot Card from Gimme Some Style
- Polka Dots Painted Bracelet from VJuliet
- Painted Polka Dot Plate from Crafting In the Rain
- Glitter Polka Dot Wrapping Paper from A Cozy Kitchen
- Confetti Card from Mr. Handsome Face
- Easy Square Top With Stamped Polka Dots from It’s Always Autumn