Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the year – the Fourth of July! Not only is the day filled with sun and delicious food, but it’s also a chance to celebrate the USA! I love pulling out my patriotic clothes and painting my nails to show my pride. The Fourth of July is also a chance to reflect on our nation’s history and appreciate the men and women who protect us every single day.
Capture the excitement and energy of this day by creating a few last-minute patriotic projects. If you’re hosting a party for the Fourth of July or simply want to add a patriotic touch to an otherwise unexciting meal, create your own July 4th Snack Bags. This is such a simple project and you can make them in minutes. You can also add a patriotic touch to your table by creating your own Gingham Salt and Pepper Shakers. All you have to do is cover a standard set of shakers in pretty paper – easy, right? Want to go green this Fourth of July? Grab some empty aluminum cans and have kids decorate Repurposed Patriotic Luminaries with paint and craft foam. Set them outside as decoration during a family cook-out. If you have some paper and string, you can easily make a red, white and blue American Stars Garland to hang in your home. Kids and adults can work on this project together – what a great way to spend a day off from work or camp!
See? There’s still plenty of time to craft for the Fourth of July. Don’t miss the opportunity to express your patriotic pride. Get the kids involved and show them why the Fourth of July is so important. These crafts will help create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Tie Dye Drop Cloth Shoes from Condo Blues
- Star Spangled Banner Bunting from Petals to Picots
- 4th of July Garland from Crazy Little Projects
- Patriotic Origami Star from Hand Occupied
- Easy Patriotic Pom Pom Decor from 100 Directions
- Patriotic Wood Shim and Starfish Flag from Craftiments
- Patriotic Mixed Media Collage Fan Decorations from Everyday is a Holiday
- Tie Dye Patriotic Pillow from The 36th Avenue
- Upcycled Hubcap Patriotic Star Wreath from Saved By Love Creations