I’m so sick of winter. The cold weather, the endless snow, the harsh winds – I just can’t take it anymore. To combat these winter blues, I’ve started looking ahead and planning my spring crafts. In my search for warm and sunny projects, I’ve found that the common denominator is always light, soft colors. Pastels might not be springing up in nature quite yet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use them right this second in your craft projects.
Whether you love yarn or prefer fabric crafts, there are plenty of pastel projects to brighten your day. An Eyelet Parfait Afghan is soft and cuddly, making it a fantastic baby shower gift. The light and breezy eyelet design makes it perfect for any time of year. Best of all, this afghan is a gender-neutral pattern, so it’s perfect for new mommies who are waiting to find out the sex of her baby. If you want to crochet something awesome but don’t have the time of energy to complete an afghan, make a Pastel Brooch instead. You can pin it on an otherwise boring outfit during the winter months and add a touch of fun and excitement. Be prepared for compliments! If you’re not comfortable working with yarn and a hook, channel spring with Burst of Color Fabric Flowers. My suggestion? Save big on supplies by using scraps of fabric and leftover beads.
It’s time to rebel against winter and start looking forward. You won’t believe how little pops of color can really change the look and feel of a project. The bight and pretty pastels will put you in a good mood and make you excited for all that is to come in 2014. Just don’t get too excited – according to the groundhog, we’re still in for a long and dramatic winter.
- Pastel Braid Bracelet from Into Mind
- Kate Spade Inspired Rope Bracelet from Claire Belle Makes
- Studded Zipper Pouch from Say Yes
- Pastel Glass Jars from Kootut Murut
- Washi Tape Coaster from At the Girls’ Room
- Polymer Clay Stones Necklace from Mashia Crafts
- Tribal Pastel T-shirt from EmerJa Design
- Pastel Camera Strap from Time for Tea
- Pastel Monogram Card Set from Damask Love
Latest posts by FaveCrafts (see all)
- 7 Craft Trends for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Happy Birthday to You! Card Make n’ Take with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - December 6, 2017
- 6 Ways to Donate Your Handcrafts to Kids in Need Around the World through OCC - October 18, 2017