AllFreeKidsCrafts is extremely excited to announce our Newborns in Need Charity Drive. We have partnered with your favorite yarn brand, Red Heart, to make sure that precious newborns don’t go without. Newborns in Need is a charity that donates care necessities to ill, impoverished, or premature newborns.
Craft for a cause with our Newborns in Need Charity Drive. This drive, which will run from August 19th until September 16th, calls for crafted and/or purchased items that will help newborns stay comfortable.
Once the drive is complete, all of the donated items will be given to Newborns in Need. Before that exciting donation, one winner will randomly be chosen to win the incredible Red Heart Anne Geddes Yarn prize pack. Every single item that you donate will count as one entry, so be sure to include a slip with your name and email address with your donated items.
One lucky winner will get:
1 ball of each color of Anne Geddes Yarn
1 set of Size 8 tipping points needles
1 bamboo crochet hook
1 red heart thread cutter pendant
1 Crochet Today Magazine
1 Knitting Made Easy book
1 Crochet Made Easy book
1 RH Tote Bag
Enter to win this amazing yarn prize package, compliments of Red Heart, by donating a purchased or crafted item! Simply send us your donation, and we will take care of the rest!
When making/purchasing your newborn necessities please follow these specifications:
- All crafted and purchased items must feel soft and be washable. If handmade and needs to be washed, it must be washed in fragrant-free baby detergent and, quickly after drying, sealed in a plastic bag.
- If crocheting, do not use a pattern that produces large holes.
- No ties are permitted on anything, including clothes and bibs.
- Do not use yellow, gray, or dark colors. Please use baby pastels- pink, white, blue, light green, and lavender.
- The items must come from a smoke-free household.
An Easy Way to Help: Cut fleece in the proper size (from 30 to 36″ square), and then use a skip blade around the border, producing tiny holes. Then, crochet a border of your choice around it.
- Flannel or Fleece Receiving blankets
- Baby wash- unscented
- Outfits for the newborn- sleepers
- Diaper bags or tote bags
For a full list of items to craft or purchase, rules, and more, visit our Newborns in Need Charity Drive page.
Please ship your donated items to:
AllFreeKidsCrafts Newborns In Need Drive
3400 Dundee Rd #220
Northbrook, IL 60062
Please help spread the word about this amazing opportunity to donate items to newborns in need.
Will you be donating?
If so, leave a comment below and tell us about it!
- 8 Adorable Rainbow Loom Animals Your Kids Will Adore - September 11, 2017
- 10 Easy Friendship Bracelet Patterns for Kids - May 22, 2017
- Teacher’s Pet: 19 Incredibly Easy Teacher Appreciation Gifts - May 9, 2017