As experts and enthusiasts of all things crafty, FaveCrafts decided to host a special National Craft Month blog series for all of our lovely readers. Check back for a new blog post every day featuring our favorite projects, new craft videos, how-to’s from the FaveCrafts editors, and a GIGANTIC, ENORMOUS, AMAZING craft giveaway at the end of the month. That’s right–we’re giving away the biggest prize ever, a gift basket chock full of crafting goodies from our craft closet. There’s something for everyone in this gift basket.
Leave a comment below, and on any blog post labeled “National Craft Month” in the headline, and your comment will count as an entry into the giveaway. You are free to comment as often as once per blog post (for a total of 31 chances to win!). At the end of the month, we’ll pool all of the comments together and pick one lucky winner.
I wish I knew more about crochet. As the editor of AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns.com, I get to look at the very best crochet sites, blogs and forum. Although I know basic stitches and have even taken a crochet class, I still feel like a total novice. I love the look of crochet and wish I could create something to give to my family and friends.
In particular, I’m obsessed with amigurumi. I must admit that before I started working with FaveCrafts and AllFreeCrochet, I didn’t know what amigurumi was. But once I started digging up more and more projects, I couldn’t believe how many cool options there were out there.
Here are some of my favorite crochet amigurumi patterns:
- Goldfish Friends Amigurumi from Sherry for Chiwaluv Amigurumi Critters – Reminds me of my all time favorite fish, Nemo.
- Blue Bunny from Deb Richey for Caron Yarn – The definition of adorable. I want to make this for my little cousins.
- Bunny Toy from Lily Sugar’n Cream – A great project for Easter!
- Freddy the Froggy from Diane Buyers for Stormy’z Crochet – It’s all in the eyes.
- Teddy Bear Crochet Pattern from Bernat – I want this little guy to be my snuggle buddy.
- Snowman Family Crochet Pattern from Bernat- What a happy bunch!
Hopefully in time I can create some of these great crochet amigurumi patterns!
What type of crafting have you always wanted to learn?